I'm in shock

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rudolph_hucker

Re: I'm in shock

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Superhans wrote:
this season is over forget the playoffs we be lucky to finish top half!!

maybe justin will go too? i wouldnt be suprised
Firstly we'd be lucky NOT to get relegated.

Secondly I hope so as I have never had any faith in him.
You're knocked out with who I am,
Look at you now, you're all in my hands.
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Superhans wrote:

Then go and support K*ttering. Funny how you've come out of your hole all of a sudden.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

Mad Dog wrote:
rudolph_hucker wrote:
Superhans wrote:

Then go and support K*ttering. Funny how you've come out of your hole all of a sudden.
I absolutely DETEST Kettrin. I haven't (as you put it) just come out of my hole. Look back at the beginning of the season on this very forum when I was being slated for having my opinion. I told you all then I would be proven right. THREE key players have left and no proper replacements, no tactical awareness. I can predict his subs almost every game. Lets chuck on a striker and see what happens. We have not had a good run since Tommo, Terry and Byrne left last summer, if he was a prem manager he'd be gone by now and if you were honest you'd admit that too.
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

whys people sayin justin 2 go? get real ffs, best manager weve had in ages! says it al gettin in play offs with a low budget

yes justins made sum sillys mistakes buyin sum players tht ent tht good, but doesnt every1?:S

if u read the evening telegraph it states he wants another striker, and mid,,

so instead of slatting justin and the team get behide them starting with eastwood on tuesday or go and support sum1 else.
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
coolcuts

Post by coolcuts »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
Diamondsforever wrote:I really do think that some of us are completely underestimating the effect that losing Dale has had on the whole Club. Losing a friend is never easy, losing a friend in these circumstances must be absolutely devstating and I hope I never ever have to find out how it feels. Justin is dealing with his own feelings as well as having to keep morale up in the dressing room, I wouldn't want to be in his shoes for love nor money.

We're in a period now of re-building and taking small steps to move forward. The key to it all is small steps and we have a role to play in that by being there supporting them all the way. They need us more than ever right now.
I lost a family member a close friend AND also a workmate recently (all within a fortnight). I'll tell my boss on Monday that I can't do my job properly shall I? The world moves forward and they are SUPPOSED professionals, so they should be able to get on with it.
Last home game was for Dale against our biggest rivals, yet they couldn't raise a heartbeat let alone
their game. Dale would have hated that.
There is no place for excuses NO matter what they are. We are shit and like I have been saying for two years JE hasn't impressed me in the slightest. Yes we got to the play-offs last season but that was with 3 key players (and Dale in goal), they haven't been replaced and neither does it look like they will be.
Agree with everything you said. Any other manager would of got the sack after today's game , with no win in 9 ,October. I think the chairman needs to start putting a bit of pressure on the players and dare I say it manager & coach. The players need to be told perform or you not be in JE or the clubs plans after this season.
rudolph_hucker

Post by rudolph_hucker »

rushden_siy wrote:whys people sayin justin 2 go? get real ffs, best manager weve had in ages! says it al gettin in play offs with a low budget

yes justins made sum sillys mistakes buyin sum players tht ent tht good, but doesnt every1?:S

so instead of slatting justin and the team get behide them starting with eastwood on tuesday or go and support sum1 else.

You not got spellchecker on your PC then?

I was slating JE LAST season for your information.
Diamondsiy

Post by Diamondsiy »

rudolph_hucker wrote:
rushden_siy wrote:whys people sayin justin 2 go? get real ffs, best manager weve had in ages! says it al gettin in play offs with a low budget

You not got spellchecker on your PC then?
I was slating JE LAST season for your information.

slating je last season LOL? :lol:
wot more could he have done with a low budget,? :roll:
we all new we wasnt guna achieve wot we done last season.
so get real, stop moanin for once, and get behide the team,
AFC RUSHDEN & DIAMONDS - Member No: 380
ID

Post by ID »

We're a middling-sized club in the Conference these days, and are performing in the league pretty much as I expected pre-season (ie mixed). Take a 3 or 4 players out of the starting line-up of any team and they will suffer, especially when they have as small a budget as we do. Tomlin, Byrne, Terry (and now Dale) are incredibly hard players to replace, and I'm very sympathetic to JE's position, even before we consider the consequences of Dale's passing.
RUSHDEN and DIAMONDS
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I'm not saying that JE should go, far from it. (However, what other club would give their manager a new deal having not won for 2 and a half months?)

But he needs to look at himself regarding his signings and decisions lately, especially after last season when we should have been in a position to attract some quality players. His signings this season have gone against everything he stood for last term. He brought in players that were untried at this level, luxury players, not players like Porter and O'Connor who are going to bust a gut every week for you.

Call me heartless and callous, but as RH said, life goes on. I was as upset as the next man when Dale died. I went to Nene Park twice to pay my respects, travelling from Luton each time, but the players need to wake up and realise that they have got a job to do. If they aren't capable after what has happened, which is understandable, then they need to make it known and leave the club.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

[I lost a family member a close friend AND also a workmate recently (all within a fortnight). I'll tell my boss on Monday that I can't do my job properly shall I? The world moves forward and they are SUPPOSED professionals, so they should be able to get on with it.
Last home game was for Dale against our biggest rivals, yet they couldn't raise a heartbeat let alone their game. Dale would have hated that.

Agree with this completely.
The people on here who say the season is over because of the tradgedy need to enter the real world. In any other occupation, following the death of even a very close family member you might have a couple of days off then you just have to get on with it. Life is often totally shit, but there is really no choice except for to carry on giving your best.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101