K*ttering Town Sold

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 23 times
Been Liked: 54 times

K*ttering Town Sold

Post by rickthediamond »

So K*ttering have finally been sold off. According to the Gov website, their new owner Nadim George Akhtar is now the majority shareholder of the club. He is an ex non-league footballer, coach for Luton academy, and runs a company which provides footballing opportunities for kids. So not quite a Hollywood takeover but he does seem to have a lot of experience in football.

Interestingly, the management company that owns their assets is still owned by Ritchie Jeune, although I presume the new owner will purchase that soon enough surely.

I would just say one thing though, their fans seem to think it’s amazing news…I would say that they they are going to be very hard pressed to have found any new owner who has as much success with them as Ritchie did. Time will tell.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Biggles
Been Liked: 26 times

Re: K*ttering Town Sold

Post by Biggles »

This could be an interesting watch, cant see he has much cash to splash and being academy coach could see him stuff the squad with academy players and think they will romp the League.
The other scenerio is that as an Coach he thinks he can run the team and appoint himself Manager now that would be a laugh :joy:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Bobdiddly
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Bobdiddly »

Surely it cannot be possible for one man alone to polish such a turd.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Bob's Bitch »

Not quite Liam Beasant, but you have to wonder what's in it for him...
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 87 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Bob's Bitch wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:33 pm Not quite Liam Beasant, but you have to wonder what's in it for him...
You could ask that of almost any owner of a football club
Sevenofdiamonds
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

Bob's Bitch wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:33 pm Not quite Liam Beasant, but you have to wonder what's in it for him...
Well if he's anything like Rafi Razzak, former owner of Basingstoke Town.... buy the club, spend nothing on it for 20 years, then hoodwink club supporters into selling their shares, evict the club from the ground and attempt to redevelop it for housing.

Sounds like a plan.
Brownie
Been Liked: 30 times

Post by Brownie »

rickthediamond wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:56 am So K*ttering have finally been sold off. According to the Gov website, their new owner Nadim George Akhtar is now the majority shareholder of the club. He is an ex non-league footballer, coach for Luton academy, and runs a company which provides footballing opportunities for kids. So not quite a Hollywood takeover but he does seem to have a lot of experience in football.

Interestingly, the management company that owns their assets is still owned by Ritchie Jeune, although I presume the new owner will purchase that soon enough surely.

I would just say one thing though, their fans seem to think it’s amazing news…I would say that they they are going to be very hard pressed to have found any new owner who has as much success with them as Ritchie did. Time will tell.
This does on the face look a strange one and I’m struggling to understand the excitement of the K**ering faithful other then it takes very little to excite them.
Whilst the work he does in football coaching within the community should be applauded and he’s won a National award, more for the diversity side I think, looking at the Companies House accounts he certainly does not look like a rich investor type in fact provisions are noted for outstanding debts to another business and I saw somewhere an article about a major funding assistance from the local council to the vast sum of £2,000.00🤦‍♂️ so it’s difficult to figure out who gains what from this deal, that aside I’m sure we are all wishing the same for their future 😉
drewdavis

Post by drewdavis »

Is that certain?
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Biggles wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 1:04 pm This could be an interesting watch, cant see he has much cash to splash and being academy coach could see him stuff the squad with academy players and think they will romp the League.
The other scenerio is that as an Coach he thinks he can run the team and appoint himself Manager now that would be a laugh :joy:
I'd agree with this, he'll try and do it via an academy rather than the "beneficial owner" route I should imagine. It's not their ground so getting hold of that would be difficult.
NP is up for sale around £4million but that has It's issues as we know.
AFC R & D member number 34
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Does anyone know who owns the main pitch , is it KC ?