Won [ Tue 26th Mar ] v Cambridge City, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Tue 26th Mar ] v Cambridge City, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Got to be honest, I was fearing the worst in the first 20 minutes, for a short period we were hanging on at 0-1 and could have easily conceded more at that stage which I think could have been the nail in coffin for our survival hopes. But then we got the goal back from Cairo who is in good goalscoring form at the moment and the entire game just turned on its head from there and we were dominant, we were fantastic all over the pitch, it was impressive!

One point separating the bottom three now, a three way shootout for the last 6 games to see who will be the lucky team. Really think we are going to have to find a way to get something out of these next three games though, I can see Gresley getting 4 or even 6 points over the Easter weekend which could leave us a lot to do for the final three games if we lose the next three.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

A comfortable night in the end. Thought we started ok and then the goal really hurt us and we had a spell of would they get another one. Then I think it was a dodgy yellow for Jarvis seemed to galvanise us and got the crowd going. From then on it was only one team going to win it. Should have been 3 or 4 by half time. Obviously the sending off helped but totally dominant. We need more of last night and I think we need something from the next 3 hard games to keep us up. Gresley and rugby have easier run ins and play each other. Don’t want to go into the last 3 games being 4/5 points behind.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights with AFCRDTV