Match Postponed [ Tue 6th Feb ] v Quorn, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Bob's Bitch
Has Liked: 32 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Re: [ Tue 6th Feb ] v Quorn, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Bob's Bitch »

To be rearranged for the weekend of March 9th/10th? 🤞🏽🤞🏽
R.I.P Dale. We will never forget you.

AFC R&D - Member No. 46
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Bob's Bitch wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:04 am To be rearranged for the weekend of March 9th/10th? 🤞🏽🤞🏽
That would be ideal for both clubs and me, on the Saturday but are R & H at home that day? Personally I don't think any league games should be arranged for midweek in January except in extreme circumstances
Crowds are usually abysmal and not just at our club. There is usually plenty of free dates in late February through to end of season. I know rules say POSTPONED matches have to be rearranged within certain timescale but that rule needs amending. I'm sure Stacey can clarify this rule 😊
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Just checked fixtures R&H are away to Huntingdon that day. Every effort needs to be made to get that date.
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

I’m pretty certain that postponed fixtures have to be re-arranged to take place within 42 days of the postponement. That would mean that yesterday’s game would need to be re-arranged for no later than March 19th.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

sussexdiamond wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:29 pm Just checked fixtures R&H are away to Huntingdon that day. Every effort needs to be made to get that date.
It doesn't make sense financially for either club to hold the game on the Saturday. Which I know seems bizarre. I will try to explain.

Players are paid by gameweek, not by game, which blew my mind when I first learned this. So if a player is on £100 a week and we play on a Tuesday and a Saturday, they get £100. Likewise if we only play on Saturday and not Tuesday, they get £100.

By keeping a gameweek free, we would save a decent 4-figure sum, and a 400 crowd on a Saturday VS a 200 crowd on a Tuesday wouldn't come close to making up the difference. As a rough estimate, I would say putting the game in a Tuesday night with a 200 crowd would save us around £800-£1000 VS putting it on the Saturday with a 400 crowd.

Makes no sense, but hopefully it makes sense, if that makes sense.... :blink:
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

As you say bizarre, but my thoughts were purely financial and you have debunked my argument pretty well. So a nice early spring evening in early March would've nice.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Diamonds’ postponed home fixture against Quorn has been re-arranged for Tuesday, 5th March (KO 7:45 pm).

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/re-arranged-fixture-quorn/
sussexdiamond

Post by sussexdiamond »

Dazzler wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:59 pm Diamonds’ postponed home fixture against Quorn has been re-arranged for Tuesday, 5th March (KO 7:45 pm).

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/re-arranged-fixture-quorn/
I hope it rains again and we can play it the following Tuesday ☔😊 when I can be there. Selfish of me 💧🌂