Won [ Tue 30th Jan ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Tue 30th Jan ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:20 am Teriffic first half and a gritty, battling second. We'll done team.
Now we have momentum is it worth considering getting key players on end of season contracts? Ngwa, Corden etc
I questioned on Twitter/X, when Garwood left why hadn’t we put him on a contract, but got the response that it wasn’t sensible at our level, as if he had got injured we’d still have had to pay him a wage, then we’d lose vital funds for replacements.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:37 am
Three of Diamonds wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:20 am Teriffic first half and a gritty, battling second. We'll done team.
Now we have momentum is it worth considering getting key players on end of season contracts? Ngwa, Corden etc
I questioned on Twitter/X, when Garwood left why hadn’t we put him on a contract, but got the response that it wasn’t sensible at our level, as if he had got injured we’d still have had to pay him a wage, then we’d lose vital funds for replacements.
That is very true, but it's still quite common at our level. I'd say it's probably less sensible for us since we couldn't stomach paying someone whilst they're injured, but it's still an option. Tom and Michael were advised weeks ago they could put some players on contracts if they wanted to but as yet, they haven't. It's up to them.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Wonderful performance full of energy and purpose. We didn't panic when under the cosh and Corden surprised everyone - including himself probably - with a superb hattrick being in the right position at the right time to claim the match ball.

A word about other players. Jarvis Wilson may have played in an unfamiliar role but he unsettled his opponents and got under their skin. If Emery is unfit for Saturday - although I'm hearing that he is ok - then put Jarvis up front again. The manager was superb again last night and was really pleased that he came up for set pieces. He is a superb defender at this level but also a very good footballer. Please no more talk about sitting games out as he is too important not to be playing.

Tagoe is not a right back for me BUT we've won all 3 games since he has started playing there. Made the winner on Saturday and yesterday he put in a very good shift and did a great job of organising the defence at set pieces. And finally but not least, Ngwa was virtually unplayable last night and had assists in 2 goals. He is a better player now than when he was with us last time and is now a very important cog in a winning machine.

The referee made 2 poor decisions one for either side first denying Miguel a stonewall penalty in the first half - unbelievably giving the decision the other way - before denying the visitors a probable penalty right at the end.

so, having sewn the seeds in January we now have to carry improved performance/results into February. Its all about momentum but we can pull off the great escape cant we?
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from AFCRDTV

sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Olly wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:32 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 am The managements hard work is starting to pay off, after initially being sceptical of the Harriman appointment, he’s making me eat my words!
Yes I will admit I was wrong to question Harriman, the results have finally materialised and the hard work is paying off. Though in my defence, it was 9 straight defeats after the Gresley game, while performances were up, the results were not coming and relegation seemed almost certain, not even the most optimistic of Diamonds fans would have predicted such a drastic change of fortune!

And in terms of the last hat trick, at a complete guess, Chris Wreh v Hitchin?
Sept 10th 2020 I believe. Also we haven't won 3 in a row since Peaks departure in Feb 2022.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Good interview from Harriman, he said the players are learning to win, which is very much evident recently. Also he said something along the lines of it’s all good and well playing pretty football, but they are doing the nasty side as well when it’s necessary.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Sevenofdiamonds
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by Sevenofdiamonds »

Attendance 255.... 255 went home happy.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times