Won [ Tue 30th Jan ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: [ Tue 30th Jan ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 7:45pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Ricky330 »

Quality performance from whole team tonight 👏 special mention for Jarvis up front who caused all sorts of problems 👏 great escape is on🙏
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

get in. when was the last time someone got a hat trick. believe.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Pigman »

The lads can be proud of themselves tonight - first half, blew them away and could easily have been 3 or 4 up - second half they came into it more and caused us a lot of trouble but we dug in deep and battled, we never looked like we were going to capitulate - a few weeks ago we would have lost that game!

The great escape is really on now! Disappointing attendance to be honest, given the run we're on, but a cold January night, I guess it should have been expected. Those no shows missed a treat!!

Up to 7th in the form table now which is nosebleed territory for us, but with a game on Saturday which is difficult to call - Sphinx narrowly lost to Spalding 0-1 and beat Coleshill 3-2 at the weekend, in between lost 3-0 to Sporting Khalsa - so a tough one to call. That said, if we play with the grit and determination we've shown these past few weeks we're in with a shout of making it 4 wins in a row! Rugby, Gresley, Cambridge City and Sphinx themselves will be looking over their shoulders nervously that's for sure - something I thought was impossible a few weeks back!

I hope the club find a few pennies down the back of the sofa and present the match ball to Fraser, never has a hat trick meant so much given the situation we've found ourselves in. While Fraser will quite rightly take the plaudits tonight, Michael and Tom need much praise for the way they have shaped this team over the past few weeks - I'm finally enjoying my football again, so thanks guys!! Onwards and, hopefully, upwards !!
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Incredible! I said at the start of January that I thought we'd need to somehow get 10 points this month to have any chance of escaping, which it is fair to say was optimistic when we had 4 points, yet we've actually done it, 10 points picked up in this month and just 4 points adrift now! What a job Michael and Tom have done to turn it around, Gresley was a case of 'darkest before the dawn' it seems.

A few nervy moments tonight, then hitting the woodwork early on and what I thought was going to be a penalty to them in the last minute, but like on Saturday, we seem to have found a winning mentality and the confidence in these lads now compared to the start of the month is amazing.

Lovely goals as well, Ngwa was brilliant tonight, but congrats to Fraser and the whole team.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Teriffic first half and a gritty, battling second. We'll done team.
Now we have momentum is it worth considering getting key players on end of season contracts? Ngwa, Corden etc
AFC R & D member number 34
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

The managements hard work is starting to pay off, after initially being sceptical of the Harriman appointment, he’s making me eat my words!

Absolutely dominant in the first half, Boldmere obviously had a rolocking at half time from their manager, but the lads stood up and did what was needed.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

First time this season I've seen a Diamonds win and worth waiting for. First half was excellent and at ht I was hoping for more of the same but tbf to Boldmere they came out a much more determined outfit and put us under pressure, so much so that I was constantly checking the time. Frasers third goal helped me to relax for just 5 minutes. My heart missed a beat when they appeal led for penalty, from where I was standing and knowing our luck this season I thought we had blown it. But as they say luck evens itself out over a season. Who was last player to score a hat trick for us? More of this on Saturday please and I can return south a happy AFC fan.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 am The managements hard work is starting to pay off, after initially being sceptical of the Harriman appointment, he’s making me eat my words!
Yes I will admit I was wrong to question Harriman, the results have finally materialised and the hard work is paying off. Though in my defence, it was 9 straight defeats after the Gresley game, while performances were up, the results were not coming and relegation seemed almost certain, not even the most optimistic of Diamonds fans would have predicted such a drastic change of fortune!

And in terms of the last hat trick, at a complete guess, Chris Wreh v Hitchin?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Olly wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:32 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:48 am The managements hard work is starting to pay off, after initially being sceptical of the Harriman appointment, he’s making me eat my words!
Yes I will admit I was wrong to question Harriman, the results have finally materialised and the hard work is paying off. Though in my defence, it was 9 straight defeats after the Gresley game, while performances were up, the results were not coming and relegation seemed almost certain, not even the most optimistic of Diamonds fans would have predicted such a drastic change of fortune!

And in terms of the last hat trick, at a complete guess, Chris Wreh v Hitchin?
Didn’t he score four in that game? Can’t recall any since then. We need our resident statistician!!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73