Match Postponed [ Sat 4th Nov ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Sat 4th Nov ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Nov ] v Boldmere St Michaels, KO 3pm NPLD1M HOME

Post by Rushdenjim »

Another six pointer. A must win after Saturday. If we can pick up four points from Rugby and Boldmere, I think most of us would take that.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 48 times

Post by rickthediamond »

Hopefully we will be able to get some experience through the door this week, I know it’s not easy given our position. Although I think most of us could see what Chris was trying to build, assembling a squad with an average age of around the early 20s mark was always going to make success an extremely tough challenge in this league.
Lee Tomlin la la la
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Will be our only home game of November, as the fixture on the 18th against Walsall wood is set to be postponed as they're still in the FA trophy
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I think Chris wanted to add an older player or two to the squat but just found it harder than he expected in being able to make it happen, I found it puzzling that he brought veteran Tom Lorraine in and left him on the bench in the first few games of the season, if he wasn't capable of doing 90 minutes it would have been better to start him and get 45 mins out of him when we are in the game rather than bringing him on when we are losing.

Don't know what happens with Tom now, will both the manager and assistant manager be in the starting line up? or will Tom become an unused sub.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Adrian wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:17 pm I think Chris wanted to add an older player or two to the squat but just found it harder than he expected in being able to make it happen, I found it puzzling that he brought veteran Tom Lorraine in and left him on the bench in the first few games of the season, if he wasn't capable of doing 90 minutes it would have been better to start him and get 45 mins out of him when we are in the game rather than bringing him on when we are losing.

Don't know what happens with Tom now, will both the manager and assistant manager be in the starting line up? or will Tom become an unused sub.
Chris told me that multiple 7 dayers went in during his tenure but it always came down to not enough money on offer unfortunately.
I believe the issue with Tom not playing was due to knee problems
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Weather not looking good for this week. Game must be doubtful
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Ricky330 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:54 pm
Adrian wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 7:17 pm I think Chris wanted to add an older player or two to the squat but just found it harder than he expected in being able to make it happen, I found it puzzling that he brought veteran Tom Lorraine in and left him on the bench in the first few games of the season, if he wasn't capable of doing 90 minutes it would have been better to start him and get 45 mins out of him when we are in the game rather than bringing him on when we are losing.

Chris told me that multiple 7 dayers went in during his tenure but it always came down to not enough money on offer unfortunately.
I probably shouldn't but I need to respond to these constant budget comments.

Our budget isn't in the same league as your Spaldings and Harborough's of this world, but having spoken to numerous people around the managerial vacancy, it is by no means a bad budget for the level. What really doesn't help at the moment is that we are surrounded by clubs who pay well, the two clubs mentioned above, Bedford, Corby, Stamford. That is a fair argument but to say that there is no money (which you haven't said above, but have said recently) is just incorrect. As mentioned the other day on Saturday we were 25% below budget. Chris, to his credit, was always below budget. This season, there has always been something in the kitty.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:47 am
Ricky330 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:54 pm

I probably shouldn't but I need to respond to these constant budget comments.

Our budget isn't in the same league as your Spaldings and Harborough's of this world, but having spoken to numerous people around the managerial vacancy, it is by no means a bad budget for the level. What really doesn't help at the moment is that we are surrounded by clubs who pay well, the two clubs mentioned above, Bedford, Corby, Stamford. That is a fair argument but to say that there is no money (which you haven't said above, but have said recently) is just incorrect. As mentioned the other day on Saturday we were 25% below budget. Chris, to his credit, was always below budget. This season, there has always been something in the kitty.
Thanks for the response, however i don't think I've said 'no money' I said 'where is the money' which you had previously answered with the 25% below budget response😃
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

If we do have a bit more in the budget we need to make sure we can hang on to the likes of Rose, Anderson and Edge. Definitely need a new CD by Saturday (if game goes ahead). Good to have Corden back hopefully for rest of season.