Lost [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

I should imagine there are quite a lot who do play the lottery to win a decent prize. It doesn't need changing. Several winners have over the time donated some of their winnings back to the club, some even the whole amount. The 50/50 split is fair and as has been said it would take quite a complicated effort to revise the rules.
Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

After their fantastic first half efforts to get us into a great position, the players didn’t step up to the plate yesterday in that second half which is why we lost. It was nothing to do with tactics or formation. We performed our customary trick of conceding a goal right after the restart and after being handed a man advantage, did nowhere near enough. Even with our extra player you could almost see their winner coming. I thought we missed Michael Harriman massively yesterday.

However, anybody who has been to the last two away games will see that we are getting better with every match and are on the cusp of something. The general performance levels are good and we are competitive in every game. It’s just the small little details at the minute that we are getting wrong and need to iron out. Some home matches coming up soon against teams in the lower half of the table which we’ll have a great chance of winning. Chris is the man for the job no question and will get this team producing results very soon. Getting rid of him would be utter madness and grossly unfair after the way he’s bended over backwards to manage the club. That will only serve to set us back months.

Thanks for the explanations Alex and the time and effort that you, the chairman, your fellow board members and volunteers put in. If it wasn’t for people like you we wouldn’t have a club to support in the first bloody place, so thank you. It can’t be easy to come on here and see certain people writing the team off already and pretty much sacking the manager after just seven league games. I can’t wait for Chris Nunn and the players to prove them wrong over the next few months.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Easton Diamond wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:59 pm After their fantastic first half efforts to get us into a great position, the players didn’t step up to the plate yesterday in that second half which is why we lost. It was nothing to do with tactics or formation. We performed our customary trick of conceding a goal right after the restart and after being handed a man advantage, did nowhere near enough. Even with our extra player you could almost see their winner coming. I thought we missed Michael Harriman massively yesterday.

However, anybody who has been to the last two away games will see that we are getting better with every match and are on the cusp of something. The general performance levels are good and we are competitive in every game. It’s just the small little details at the minute that we are getting wrong and need to iron out. Some home matches coming up soon against teams in the lower half of the table which we’ll have a great chance of winning. Chris is the man for the job no question and will get this team producing results very soon. Getting rid of him would be utter madness and grossly unfair after the way he’s bended over backwards to manage the club. That will only serve to set us back months.

Thanks for the explanations Alex and the time and effort that you, the chairman, your fellow board members and volunteers put in. If it wasn’t for people like you we wouldn’t have a club to support in the first bloody place, so thank you. It can’t be easy to come on here and see certain people writing the team off already and pretty much sacking the manager after just seven league games. I can’t wait for Chris Nunn and the players to prove them wrong over the next few months.
100% this. I know it’s a points business but I think it’s painting a picture that’s not entirely true. Let’s see what happens. In Nunn, the board and this club I am fully behind.
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Totally agree with fentiger and Easton Diamond
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from AFCRDTV

fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

They really were 2 awful goals to concede!
ADiamond
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by ADiamond »

I am in support of a separate fund to build the budget and happy to contribute. Would be great to set a target for the end of October. But also leave open for people to continue to contribute if they wish but keep separate from the lottery. Just to mention again would be useful to have a link for contributions against the match program.
Colly301

Post by Colly301 »

A lot has been said on here about raising more money for team building. Bucket collections and casual donations are great but do not give a constant income stream - like the lottery. I am sure many who now play the lottery do so as they feel it is helping the club. Can we not circulate the existing players and ask them to take a second subscription? This would increase the prize money and might even make it more attractive to non Diamond fans.