Lost [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 16th Sep ] v Coventry Sphinx, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Rushdenjim »

I'm sure we were unlucky vs the second worst team in the league :ermm:

I'm sure we were unlucky vs 10 men for 30 mins :ermm:
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

We've given both Coventry and Gresley their first and only wins of the season. We are miles off the pace against even the worst of their league.

Horrible season. Whether or not we keep Nunn is irrelevant, we're going down.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

The players should be ashamed of that second half. Just awful and the majority of it against 10 men. Probably one of the worst teams we have played against and had total control of the game in the first half and should have been more in front. I’m sure the message at half time was keep it the same as we didn’t need to do anything different. The second half was just awful. First goal we lose possession about 30 yards from their goal and one pass and it’s a goal, criminal. Second goal just as bad. We have got to stop giving away poor goals, sorry abysmal goals and star taking some of the numerous chances we have. Poor decision making, couldn’t make a 10 yard pass, not listening to each other and panicking. It doesn’t matter if you are on a tenner or 10 grand those are the basics and you should be able to do those
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Already 5 points adrift after just 7 games. UCL beckons unfortunately 😕
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

I would say that if the club were to be relegated, there would potentially be no more AFCRD. Something has to give now, we cannot sit around like last season. The club is in a perilous position financially yes, but attendances are going to drop as we saw last year and Hayden Road will once again become very toxic - it was horrific at some of those games last season! It was awful seeing all of our fans looking so dejected today, the last year or so have truly been very trying times! I have to say that Chris taking no wages or expenses, although it’s great for the club… it’s actually quite a dangerous situation to be in. Some fans might feel it’s difficult to criticise him based on this. Knowing him, he always takes responsibility and I do wonder how much more he himself will actually put up with.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Rushdenjim

Post by Rushdenjim »

rickthediamond wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:39 pm I would say that if the club were to be relegated, there would potentially be no more AFCRD. Something has to give now, we cannot sit around like last season. The club is in a perilous position financially yes, but attendances are going to drop as we saw last year and Hayden Road will once again become very toxic - it was horrific at some of those games last season! It was awful seeing all of our fans looking so dejected today, the last year or so have truly been very trying times! I have to say that Chris taking no wages or expenses, although it’s great for the club… it’s actually quite a dangerous situation to be in. Some fans might feel it’s difficult to criticise him based on this. Knowing him, he always takes responsibility and I do wonder how much more he himself will actually put up with.
Agreed.

The club is in a death spiral!

Feel sorry for the board to be honest after all the effort put in over the summer to then be let down so spectacularly by the team and management on the pitch.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

It’s probably one of the most difficult decisions to make for the board but money needs to now be made available. I know it’s not as simple as that but I worry about the amount of fans who won’t be coming at the moment. 20 off the gate is 220 pound if paying adults. The paying an extra 100 for a player should outweigh the possible losses, but no guarantees. I am generalising in this assessment but we are simply not good enough on the pitch. Another relegation is a absolute disaster.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I’m going to focus on the positives. First half we looked good(appreciate the opposition was poor) and we looked a threat when we went forward. Played some good stuff and we were good value for the lead.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Looking at the twitter posts 1st half ,then our goal then their player sent off, I was really thinking this was the start of our season and a win was coming.

Then twitter stopped for a long time, massingham went off then the goal conceded , jeeez how can we capitulate like that!
Last edited by diamondsteve on Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:05 pm I’m going to focus on the positives. First half we looked good(appreciate the opposition was poor) and we looked a threat when we went forward. Played some good stuff and we were good value for the lead.
Enough of this please, makes me sick.

We need points not nice words.