Lost [ Sat 2nd Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 84 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: [ Sat 2nd Sep ] v Loughborough Dynamo, KO 3pm NPLD1M AWAY

Post by Rushdenjim »

I'm certainly not giving Nunn a free pass simply because 'finances'. He should be rightly judged on performance and results and after 10-15 games there should of course be a review.

I'm sure the club have set points targets for the management team at the start of the season, I can't imgaine they were in the region of single digits by October but that's the position we're likely to find ourselves in. The board would be right to review the situation at the first juncture as set out in any review period.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Adrian wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:42 pm ...anyone involved with the club during that period should not be involved in the club today, they are people who stood back rather than speak out and they can't be trusted because it's a fan ran club and they were supposed to ensure the club was being ran in the best interest of the fans. It somehow ended up in Richard Maxwell being made manager and that's something that took more than one person to allow to happen.
You regularly spout some shite on here, but the above paragraph sets a new low even by your standards.

That same board who "should not be involved in the club today" was largely the same board who guided the club to within spitting distance of Step 2 football just 18 months ago, and consisted of several who had dedicated a decade or more to this club, often to the detriment of their own mental and physical health.
There are at least two of the board members who were in place when Maxwell was appointed who are still serving on the board today, despite the vitriol directed their way around that appointment, and I know there are others who are still supporting the current board behind the scenes.

Those "people who stood back" as you put it, are actually the same ones who stood up year after year while the rest of the fanbase, ironically enough, "stood back" and allowed years of uncontested elections, but were then very quick to judge when things started to go awry. And lo and behold, just months after almost losing our club (again) and the positivity and enthusiasm that followed last year's EGM, we're back to uncontested elections again and supporters (one at least) pointing the finger at the very people who have worked so hard to give us a club to support.

I'm not saying for one minute that the "old board" got everything right; on the contrary, there were plenty of mistakes made, especially around the treatment of some volunteers. But those mistakes were made by loyal fans of our club, who chose not to sit behind a keyboard and point out everyone else's failings, but instead put themselves forward and gave up ridiculous amounts of their time for the benefit of the rest of us.

Ploppies fans always sing "You let your club die" whenever we play them; there was nothing we could do to save R&DFC, but if AFCR&D go the same way then we'll have proved them right - and that means all of us, NOT just whoever happens to be on the board.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Great post Dave, if the part owners cannot provide sufficient members for the board and contest elections then it’s not fulfilling a major part of being a fan owned club.
There are a number of people who gave absolutely everything to get the club where it was and over a sustained period, that are so spent by it, some don’t even want to come to games anymore. We have to ensure the current board don’t go the same way, they stepped forward when no one else did.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV

@fan89footy
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by @fan89footy »

What is that behind the goal?
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

davealbon wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:26 pm
Adrian wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:42 pm ...anyone involved with the club during that period should not be involved in the club today, they are people who stood back rather than speak out and they can't be trusted because it's a fan ran club and they were supposed to ensure the club was being ran in the best interest of the fans. It somehow ended up in Richard Maxwell being made manager and that's something that took more than one person to allow to happen.
You regularly spout some shite on here, but the above paragraph sets a new low even by your standards.

That same board who "should not be involved in the club today" was largely the same board who guided the club to within spitting distance of Step 2 football just 18 months ago, and consisted of several who had dedicated a decade or more to this club, often to the detriment of their own mental and physical health.
There are at least two of the board members who were in place when Maxwell was appointed who are still serving on the board today, despite the vitriol directed their way around that appointment, and I know there are others who are still supporting the current board behind the scenes.

Those "people who stood back" as you put it, are actually the same ones who stood up year after year while the rest of the fanbase, ironically enough, "stood back" and allowed years of uncontested elections, but were then very quick to judge when things started to go awry. And lo and behold, just months after almost losing our club (again) and the positivity and enthusiasm that followed last year's EGM, we're back to uncontested elections again and supporters (one at least) pointing the finger at the very people who have worked so hard to give us a club to support.

I'm not saying for one minute that the "old board" got everything right; on the contrary, there were plenty of mistakes made, especially around the treatment of some volunteers. But those mistakes were made by loyal fans of our club, who chose not to sit behind a keyboard and point out everyone else's failings, but instead put themselves forward and gave up ridiculous amounts of their time for the benefit of the rest of us.

Ploppies fans always sing "You let your club die" whenever we play them; there was nothing we could do to save R&DFC, but if AFCR&D go the same way then we'll have proved them right - and that means all of us, NOT just whoever happens to be on the board.
Well said Dave. I'll be honest, and I haven't said this publicly, but it was a real head-in-hands moment when we found out the election was uncontested once again. Not just uncontested but we didn't even fill the number of vacancies, leaving us short. Rob and I were devastated by it.

The amount of work that goes on behind the scenes, by relatively few people, to facilitate what looks to most people like 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon, is phenomenal.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Dave, Bozzer and Barton Raz are right. Those of us that have been there regularly dedicated 20+ hours a week on top of our families and day jobs.

You need to have a constantly evolving board to keep ideas fresh and the club moving forward.

Expectations need to be managed as well, after years of over achieving this is where you belong in the current climate.

You don't find your level, your level finds you.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

@fan89footy wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:57 am What is that behind the goal?
Could hear another of gushing water from it when I walked past, so just be some sort of water chamber/tank
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

After watching the video how the hack did we not score a least a couple of gaols
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

I thought the same, there were a dozen chances to score, and even with 10 men, we were pretty dominant. Let's be totally ruthless in the next game and gets deserved 3 points.