[ Tue 25th Jul ] v Cogenhoe Utd, KO 7:45pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Re: [ Tue 25th Jul ] v Cogenhoe Utd, KO 7:45pm PSF AWAY

Post by rickthediamond »

It’s hard to pass judgement due to the unavailability of certain key players and also our budget which we know is small. However, the honest truth is that if we play anything like we did in the Wellingborough or Cogenhoe games against Khalsa, Spalding & Corby in August, we are in big trouble.
Lee Tomlin la la la
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Let's not be too knee jerk here.

We looked really flat against W'Boro and last night was a game that didn't represent step 4, 5 or arguably 6 football from either team, so poor was the quality.

We all know that what we've seen over the past two games isn't a representation of what will take to the pitch on August 12th. We finished the game last night with a back three consisting of our wing back, our centre forward and a young lad who had come in having never trained with the club. It was a thread bare squad, but it's more minutes in the tank.

Regards player availability, consider that none of these boys get paid for pre season, yet they commit to three times a week training and playing, completely out of their own pockets. If they were on contracts it'd be a different story, but we're all too aware of the trouble that can bring.

A lot of these lads work in education settings, so holidays in June aren't an option, and as fans we don't know all these guys personal circumstances.

They commit to playing for our club, and I don't see a lack of commitment from them at this stage. As fans, we commit to the club, but there'll be times we miss matches for our own personal circumstances and reasons, and players, coaches volunteers and directors are no different.

Keep the faith guys, we retained a great core of last seasons squad that went on that run, and we've strengthened well in some good areas.

Come 12th August we'll be ready 💎
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Pre season is all about getting minutes and fitness and allows the manager to try new ideas and look at new players. I’m guessing that Chris Knows the majority of his starting 11 and has indicated that he is still on the look out. We must remember that players have jobs and family commitments and that the summer holidays have only just started for kids so family holidays are usually only possible from now so it’s normal to not have everyone available. I actually think we are in a good place with the team and the last couple of friendlies should see us field close to our starting 11 I would think.
rickthediamond
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 49 times

Post by rickthediamond »

rdusher wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:26 am Let's not be too knee jerk here.

We looked really flat against W'Boro and last night was a game that didn't represent step 4, 5 or arguably 6 football from either team, so poor was the quality.

We all know that what we've seen over the past two games isn't a representation of what will take to the pitch on August 12th. We finished the game last night with a back three consisting of our wing back, our centre forward and a young lad who had come in having never trained with the club. It was a thread bare squad, but it's more minutes in the tank.

Regards player availability, consider that none of these boys get paid for pre season, yet they commit to three times a week training and playing, completely out of their own pockets. If they were on contracts it'd be a different story, but we're all too aware of the trouble that can bring.

A lot of these lads work in education settings, so holidays in June aren't an option, and as fans we don't know all these guys personal circumstances.

They commit to playing for our club, and I don't see a lack of commitment from them at this stage. As fans, we commit to the club, but there'll be times we miss matches for our own personal circumstances and reasons, and players, coaches volunteers and directors are no different.

Keep the faith guys, we retained a great core of last seasons squad that went on that run, and we've strengthened well in some good areas.

Come 12th August we'll be ready 💎
Fair enough, not knocking any of the players at all, unavailability is bound to happen at this level of football, and I have no qualms with it. Just pointing out that it has had an impact on our play, and in an ideal world we would roughly know our starting XI.
Lee Tomlin la la la
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Already know my first XI for 12th August

.,.......................Fox

Tarks......Hunter.....Gully.......Unders

Skippy... ..Wardley....Butts....Kingy

..............Hall.............Darbs

We're gonna p1ss this TINPOT league 👍💎😍
AFC R & D member number 34
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Need to Start playing the main team,didnt see the point of last nights game,except for putting a bit of money Cogenhoe way ,players not playing in their own positions, and a bit ill tempered at times,,,oh and number 2 goalie for me,,,I'll keep the faith,,,but its a must to start playing the main team,,,,running out of pre season games
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

discodunk wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:04 pm Need to Start playing the main team,didnt see the point of last nights game,except for putting a bit of money Cogenhoe way ,players not playing in their own positions, and a bit ill tempered at times,,,oh and number 2 goalie for me,,,I'll keep the faith,,,but its a must to start playing the main team,,,,running out of pre season games
Guessing he'd love too. But with people being on holiday it's difficult.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Rico Duggan looked decent

John Dean motm but lb is defo not his place otherwise he will be sent off loads lol.

Apart from that it looked like a training game and get what Nunn was talking about, need August to come round as it’s boring.

Maybe Hughes broken leg has spooked a few to not go all gung Ho in case they themselves get injured.
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

diamondsteve wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:28 pm Rico Duggan looked decent

John Dean motm but lb is defo not his place otherwise he will be sent off loads lol.

Apart from that it looked like a training game and get what Nunn was talking about, need August to come round as it’s boring.

Maybe Hughes broken leg has spooked a few to not go all gung Ho in case they themselves get injured.
Duggan has signed for Desborough, looked like a tidy player in the limited amount of game time he had