[ Sat 15th Jul ] v Leighton Town, KO 3pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Jul ] v Leighton Town, KO 3pm PSF HOME

Post by Three of Diamonds »

A nice solid performance against a team from a similar level. Things are starting to come together but we must keep the foot on the accelerator if we want to become powerful. There were a few flashes like the JD build up and goal which was terrific. The best thing for me was that when changes were made there was no drop off in performance.
I do hope the team are at the legends game, it's an opportunity to bond with currently 700+fans
AFC R & D member number 34
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:46 am Best goal of the day was John Dean's. Everything about it was perfect, great speed to leave his marker standing, cut inside, beat defender and placed past the keeper with real venom. Great to have him back and hopefully fully fit. A completely different spirit in the team from that last season pre Nunn.
Although we don’t do highlights for pre season a shame this goal not captured on Veo - the left hand lens got fogged due to water being driven into lens surround. We do use RainX on lens, but will see if I can fix the surround seal gasket. It’s happened a couple of times. Was pretty extreme yesterday though.

That’s VEO view for 60% of the match.

IMG_1499.jpeg
IMG_1499.jpeg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 753 times
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Initial downpour pre kickoff…everyone at the back of the stands.

IMG_1501.jpeg
IMG_1501.jpeg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 744 times