[ Sat 8th Jul ] v Real Bedford, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 8th Jul ] v Real Bedford, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by Dazzler »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 7:43 pm Is Luca Purse related to Darren Purse
Yes, his son. Has been playing at Cogenhoe most recently.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Don’t think offside from the VAR position. No lines included. Lino in good position.

IMG_1482.jpeg
IMG_1482.jpeg (527.31 KiB) Viewed 2307 times
IMG_1481.jpeg
IMG_1481.jpeg (1.45 MiB) Viewed 2315 times
VAR Decision: Not Offside - Goal stands

IMG_1483.jpeg
IMG_1483.jpeg (439.69 KiB) Viewed 2307 times
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Yes definitely a pen 1st few minutes. Lino said to me he wasn’t sure even though it was right in front of him, and left it up to the ref which was centre of pitch . Basically too early in the game and bottled it.

Harriman was class 2nd half , like I said defence wise we are sorted already . Just need to find the right midfield now as looked a bit lightweight.
Pharrel Anderson looked a handful for the big cb’s, nippy and will score 10+.
Need to see more from Johnston , hopefully it’s just fitness as was way off the mark.
Dean gave 100% once again.
Regan Saunt would defo take him as number 2 goalkeeper!
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I really dislike these kind of games, too many trialists and too many changes. I'd say CN and his management team learned plenty so lots to look forward to. With our full on 1st team out there and up to speed, I believe we'd have won that game. I would like to see a bit more experience player perhaps in midfield (right wing) but in Glennon and White there's a definite spine and energy to be seen.
Put the proper 1st team on the pitch I say and let them grow.
AFC R & D member number 34
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:16 am I really dislike these kind of games, too many trialists and too many changes. I'd say CN and his management team learned plenty so lots to look forward to. With our full on 1st team out there and up to speed, I believe we'd have won that game. I would like to see a bit more experience player perhaps in midfield (right wing) but in Glennon and White there's a definite spine and energy to be seen.
Put the proper 1st team on the pitch I say and let them grow.
I counted five trialists, which was pale in comparison to Burgess who seemed to bring in about 9 or 10 new trialists for every pre-season game, and we had about 12 games if I remember correctly.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Whilst I wasn’t there yesterday I think we are about right in where our squad is currently. The defence will be one of the strongest in the league and we can start building a bit more in midfield and attack as we go through the preseason. Players become available closer to the season start and obviously we need to be realistic but it will come. Not at all bothered about the result yesterday, it’s about fitness.