Drawn [ Sat 25th Mar ] v Leiston, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Re: [ Sat 25th Mar ] v Leiston, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

YoungDiamond wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:22 pm Best performance of the season?! Surely the 4 wins were better. Today was relatively good, but Barwell, Nuneaton, Kings Langley and St Ives were better. Relegation confirmed due to a few criminal people….
Bit of a sore subject on here, but yeah I know who I blame for our relegation.

But, I have 100% faith that under Chris Nunn we’ll give it a real go next season.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Really good performance and can definitely see the argument for better than one of the wins. Toe to toe with a very good side according to their table position. Regarding the incident after the whistle I saw some of what happened although it was bits and pieces and could have some of this wrong. At the final whistle Pattison was having a go at one of their players (I think it was bald one who had the incident getting the ball back from the crowd which he should have got a yellow for in my opinion). Then it started to kick off with lots more players, Burnside then came and got involved with one of their players (deserved Red) and then amongst the skirmishes at least one of the Leiston team and one of their coaches should have got a Red. Their number 3 clearly wanted to get at Burnside so I’m guessing it may have been him that he had a go at. Don’t think you could argue with the Red and Yellow for us but just 2 yellows for them was a bit poor.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Well perhaps it was a bit sad of me for cheering a 0-0 at the the final whistle like we'd won, but I really don't think you can underestimate the significance of the result and performance today and our first clean sheet of the since the first day of the season can you believe, and against title chasing team who were the second highest scorers in the league at the start of the day.

Yes another game without a win or a goal as our finishing was typically poor today and if I'm not mistaken our relegation mathematically confirmed. But for these young lads, most of whom have no experience of this level of football prior to joining us and don't even know what it feels like to win in a Diamonds shirt, to go and match a team that could be step 2 next season (though unlikely based on today's showing!) all over the pitch, reduce them to only half chances when we've been used to conceding dozens of chances every game and go close to beating is very impressive and a testament to the job Nunny has done with such limited resources. It was a huge mismatch on paper, but if you attended the game without knowing the league positions you would have never have guessed we were bottom and they were just off the top.

We just looked so much more competitive, much better with the ball and so much more solid and organised as a team than we have done this season and finally for 90 minutes as well. Leiston played like a team who expected to turn up and win and while they were better in the second half, we still nullified their attack extremely well and still managed to create more chances than usual ourselves.

Chris Nunn for me has now more than proved himself as the right man to take us forward, to get these inexperienced young players thrown together in the last couple of months to play like they have in the last two games and get two very respectable results is no small feat, we may be down but for the first time in a while, I am looking forward to the next game, not dreading it expecting another loss, who knows, we could get a win on Tuesday!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:32 pm Really good performance and can definitely see the argument for better than one of the wins. Toe to toe with a very good side according to their table position. Regarding the incident after the whistle I saw some of what happened although it was bits and pieces and could have some of this wrong. At the final whistle Pattison was having a go at one of their players (I think it was bald one who had the incident getting the ball back from the crowd which he should have got a yellow for in my opinion). Then it started to kick off with lots more players, Burnside then came and got involved with one of their players (deserved Red) and then amongst the skirmishes at least one of the Leiston team and one of their coaches should have got a Red. Their number 3 clearly wanted to get at Burnside so I’m guessing it may have been him that he had a go at. Don’t think you could argue with the Red and Yellow for us but just 2 yellows for them was a bit poor.
I wasn't at the game but was listening on Radio Diamonds. Jim Burnside was summarising for the second half, and said that one of the Leiston players had headbutted Charlie Pattison.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 83 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I too cheered and celebrated at the final whistle knowing that whilst we were confirmed as relegated the sheer commitment, fight and hunger shown by everyone was highly impressive.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

What was the attendance?
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:53 am What was the attendance?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

We’ve gone from expecting a loss of several goals now to not knowing on Tuesday night if it’s going to be a loss draw or win .Testament to Nunny
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Fair play to Jim for backing his team mate & more importantly close friend in Patterson. Obviously a deserved red,think Jim been decent around a very young team. But WOW how's has there number 3 not get a red & potentially staff member and 14.

Onto the game. Huge respect to nunny - his staff and players. Literally giving the club everything! Chris Nunn for me has been TOP DRAW for the football and for me excatly what we need. The wheeling and desling he's done since coming in has been outstanding, a real genuine guy who clearly feels honoured leading our football club. Dread to think the amount of emotions the guy has gone through.

Really hope between us as fans, the board, our commercial team continuing all there hard work 👏 that it puts us in a position to allow chris few more quid to work with and be more competitive at step 4.

The atmosphere around the whole club seams positive considering how tough it's been this season for everyone. It's great that the relationship between 1st team & community set up is getting back on track 🙌 Club chair Rob Usher did the community sponsored walk yesterday which was great to see. Keep up all your hard work guys it's been appreciated for sure 😊