Lost [ Sat 18th Mar ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Mar ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by rdusher »

Since becoming lucky enough to be elected to the board I've tried to not comment publicly too much on here, but I really have to agree with Lawman above.

As a collective, we really need to move away from the rhetoric of old board / new board. There's a multitude of reasons why we find ourselves at the point we currently do as a club, and to try and pinpoint that blame at an individual or a group of individuals is factually incorrect and does nothing but stand in the way of moving forward in a positive manner. As a board we've announced the members forum next Thursday so we can bring everybody up to speed on exactly how that timeline has unfolded and contributed to the current struggles.

None of us as fans are happy with where we have found ourselves financially or operationally as a club, and the by-product of that is the results, or lack thereof, that we've yielded this season. The only choice we have is to regroup, reset and move forward in a positive fashion, and the continued desire to attach the blame to a person or group of people is becoming detrimental to that.

I'm learning first hand that running a football club is a bloody hard job, that will consume every hour of time you're willing to give to it, and more often than not you'll feel as though it's not enough and you're not seeing the results your hard work deserves. I've no doubt that individuals who have stood forward in the past to dedicate their time to our club would, with the benefit of hindsight, have taken different actions at different times and delivered different results in certain situations. I'm equally as confident that as time goes on I'll have periods of reflection where I feel no different.

It's time to draw a line in the sand. Take your hatred for Burgess, your anger at "the old board" and your disillusion at the events of this season and channel it into something positive. Then bring it to the members forum on Thursday night and play your part in redefining our future.

For what it's worth, all members should be aware of what constitutes something that can be openly discussed in a public forum and what should be discussed more privately amongst members. I'm sorry to say that the post in question here probably falls short of those standards

P.s. We hate K*ttering