[ New Signing ] Will Glennon

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

[ New Signing ] Will Glennon

Post by Adrian »

Will Glennon has signed on a dual reg from Bugbrooke St Michaels.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds are delighted to announce the signing of 20-year-old Will Glennon on a dual-registration basis from United Counties League Premier Division South side Bugbrooke St. Michaels.

Equally capable as a central defender or central midfielder, Will has scored an incredible 25 goals in 33 games at Step 5 so far this season for Bugbrooke. A product of the AFC Rushden & Diamonds academy system, Glennon rejoins the Diamonds having departed in the summer of 2021 to pursue first team opportunities after appearing in pre-season friendlies for the Club.

Manager Chris Nunn was thrilled to get a long-term target over the line before this Thursday’s registration deadline: “I’ve been watching Will’s progress for some time and I’m delighted we’ve been able to get our man at last. His record speaks for itself, to score so many goals primarily from central defence is incredible really particularly this early in his career. Some Diamonds fans will already be familiar with him from his Academy days but he’s a big strong lad, a presence in both boxes and he’s flexible which is a major plus for me. I’d like to thank the guys at Bugbrooke for helping us with this and not standing in Will’s way. Having positive relationships with local clubs is really important to both myself and the Club, you never know when you might need each other.”
https://www.afcdiamonds.com/new-signing-will-glennon/

Welcome back Will.

Good point from the manager about local clubs being important too, it works both ways in terms of us helping bigger clubs develop their players and smaller clubs helping us develop our players, Mitch White has been impressive since returning.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: [ New Signing ] Will Glennon

Post by STAGMAN »

And scores on his debut, well done that man