Lost [ Sat 18th Mar ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Mar ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Olly »

Adrian wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:50 pm John Dean is on the bench.

BTW almost every one of our match day tweets gets spammed, if anyone on here also uses Twitter perhaps an influx of people reporting his tweets will get that place cleaned up a wee bit.

Unfortunately the guy just makes a new account each time as the number suggests, he does it on most non league twitter accounts, quite disturbing how someone can so much effort into trolling, and it's not even funny or imaginative trolling, it's just the same thing over and over again!

Another defeat today sadly and the inevitability of us losing is really grating now, but looks like we at least fought and went close to getting something, just want to see a few draws between now and the end of the season at least though!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Adrian wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:50 pm John Dean is on the bench.

BTW almost every one of our match day tweets gets spammed, if anyone on here also uses Twitter perhaps an influx of people reporting his tweets will get that place cleaned up a wee bit.

Maybe it’s worth getting one of those who is on the media team to block the account? Could do the same with James Loader who seems to be obsessed with us.

I’ve reported the account for spam a number of times, but he’ll just pop up again under a new account.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

15 points is embarrassing yes and the record will never get beaten but can we imagine how much worse it would of been if we had no Sneds!?
Stourbridge_Diamond
Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Post by Stourbridge_Diamond »

First half... I actually thought we were the more dangerous and better side.

Second half, they edged it, and we rode our luck a bit. Still after their goal we had a try.

The sort of game we'd have nicked if we had someone who knew what to do up front
The artist formerly known as Southstand
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Interviews with AFCRDTV

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights with AFCRDTV

Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

Adrian wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:31 pm Comparing the 2 Southern League Premier tables makes for amusing reading.

Last relegation team in the South - on 31 points.
Last relegation team in the Central - on 35 points.

Bottom team in the South - on 27 points.
Bottom team in the Central - on 15 points.

If someone had told me this time last year that we would be in a relegation battle one year on - I would have agreed and said "yeah the Conference North is very competitive" as nobody would have expected us to be in a relegation battle at this level after such a good year.

The amusing thing for me is just how bad that 15 points is, it doesn't reflect a team that have really put up a fight at any stage of the season, I don't think we are entitled to be challenging every year but even clubs with no money and players who are almost playing for free have put up a more competitive fight than we have this season.

I think the way the club declined after Peak's left shows that he probably did a lot more than just a normal football manager does because a board that knew what it was doing would have removed Burgess quicker but not only that, a capable board wouldn't have let him run riot with the budget in the first place, my hope is that with an experienced manager like Chris Nunn at the helm, the new board will benefit from his experience and should Nunn ever move on be capable of running the club.

With Burgess the signs were there as early as June, the NLP published an article titled: "Life of Brian is a blueprint Burgess will follow" how on earth could we follow the money bags way of R&D? and this bit:
"And Burgess can’t resist a chuckle as he describes negotiations with a couple of young bucks at AFC Rushden & Diamonds.

“They’re umming and ahhing. Making excuses. But I know exactly what’s going on – I even know the clubs they’ve spoken to!"
The last bit screams egotistical, someone who comes across as belittling, that type of personality isn't going to motivate players or gain their respect.

So my positive for this season is just that every single person connected with this club has probably learnt something along the way, even those who are no longer involved, if you have learnt something that helps you make better decisions in your future, great.

The important thing is not to just blame Andy Burgess, he was appointed, he was given the backing, he was given so much time to sort it out, so being able to identify when to make the big decisions, board members attend games and at some point should have been able to say certain players are not giving it their all or are not playing for the manager.

Currently we have a board who are pulling in the same direction and have genuinely tried to improve things in the last 4 months, they have probably learnt more about running a football club in the last 4 months than they would have done if we were top of the league right now, so in the words of Boris Johnson... Build Back Better - if this terrible season gives us a chance to come back as a better club then I can happily handle a relegation.

Something I think we need to improve on is the average attendances, https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/sout ... ttendances

They have been dropping since 2018/19, being an ex football league club gave us an advantage on other clubs but last season we slipped down to 10th, we need someone who is good at research to have a snoop around with the plethora of information available on the internet to find out what other clubs around this level are doing to get people to games, growing the fan base also has a say in how far we can progress in future.

The point of the post - although the results are now irrelevant, that doesn't mean we can't still learn something that could be beneficial and make us a better club off the pitch going forward, especially clubs like Redditch that have been around this level longer than us. 💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎💎
Good post, but to suggest we've been in a relegation 'battle' may be a slight stretch :hehe:. We couldn't fight our way out of a paper bag this season.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I always said that the previous board had nobody on it with any real football knowledge and that has now been proven. While most of the arrogant board members have thankfully now gone, I still would like to know who was responsible for signing off the 4 contracted players and incredibly gave them pay increases once they'd played a certain number of games!!

With £25K needed to see us through the summer, Chris Nunn has done an amazing job to cut the player budget in half to help the finances. Now what can the fans do to get the club through this difficult period?

I'm personally excited about next season but our finances need to be in a good place or we might struggle to challenge next season.
Lawman
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by Lawman »

The pressman wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:49 pm I always said that the previous board had nobody on it with any real football knowledge and that has now been proven. While most of the arrogant board members have thankfully now gone, I still would like to know who was responsible for signing off the 4 contracted players and incredibly gave them pay increases once they'd played a certain number of games!!

With £25K needed to see us through the summer, Chris Nunn has done an amazing job to cut the player budget in half to help the finances. Now what can the fans do to get the club through this difficult period?

I'm personally excited about next season but our finances need to be in a good place or we might struggle to challenge next season.
Not sure what relevance this has to do with the Redditch loss
Same old, same old, like a record with its needle stuck.
Nobody on the board with real football knowledge. What does this mean. Clarify????. What is different now.
These toxic comments really does encourage fans/members/previous board members to volunteer and give up their time.
Either these comments are incorrect or they are being leaked even though they should be commercial in confidence. Doesn't put the club in a good light when endeavouring to recruit future players.
Recent club communication infers a no blame culture. No change here.