Experienced Defender Michael Harriman Signs From Bedford Town

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Experienced Defender Michael Harriman Signs From Bedford Town

Post by Adrian »

Southern League site says we have signed experienced defender Michael Harriman from Bedford Town.

He was with Northampton Town until October 2022 so that must have been a bit of a coup for them back then and still is a coup for us now.

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... d-Defender
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: Experienced Defender Michael Harriman Signs From Bedford Town

Post by Adrian »

Nunny says this signing is also with an eye on next season.

Good to hear and reminds me a bit of the Dolman signing, how we kept hold of him for so long still amazes me, getting this guy enjoying his football again and keeping hold of him could really help get us back into this league and potentially out of it from the top end 2 years from now, though I don't hold grudges against players who take the chance of playing in a higher league so if we can't hang on to him we'll just have to make the most of the time we have with him. You would think just training and playing with someone of his experience could benefit our defenders and the rest of the team.

Welcome Michael.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Wow, what a great signing this could be, a FL player just a year or so ago, key thing being obviously keeping him for next season and Nunny seems confident about that, and of course something we have desperately missed this season, experience! Could be the first piece to a successful team at step 4 next season, the preparations have begun.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
STAGMAN
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by STAGMAN »

Great signing for us , well done Nunny