Lost [ Sat 4th Mar ] v Mickleover Sports, KO 3pm HOME SLPDC

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: [ Sat 4th Mar ] v Mickleover Sports, KO 3pm HOME SLPDC

Post by Rushdenjim »

YoungDiamond wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:21 am Find it quite embarrassing that all I’m seeing is ‘At least they’re trying’ or ‘We can see they’re giving 100%’
We are bottom with 1 win in about 87. It should be the minimum. Hopefully not too many fans stay away in the last 10 games and don’t come back.
Well it's 15 points from 32 games now. Come the end of the season it will be, by a country mile, the worse points tally in the 30 years of football under the R&D name. Appalling season.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I don’t think Nunn can be blamed, that squarely lies on Burgess who well and truly left us in the shit. Whoever had come in would have had a hell of a job sorting the mess that was left. And the fact Burgess overspent on the budget to attempt to fix his ineptitude hasn’t helped the cause.

I actually thought we looked competent in the first half, but the penalty in the second half killed us, and Mickelover showed their quality after that.

The attendance was stated as 327, but it looked a lot less than that to me.
Last edited by AFCRD_Dan on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

There is no way our Manager could get a proper team together for the remainder of this season, I think he was very brave taking the job knowing full well his first job would be to cut the spending on current players and then try to get a couple of decentish replacements to shore up the defense and then scour the market for any more really cheap players and lots of loans from clubs looking for game time for young players at limited or no cost to us.

We have to admit our lot for the remainder of the season will not be pretty and the season will be a total disaster and will be one for the record books but not records to look back with pride its one to utterly forget.

Chris Nunn will be judged next season when he has a squad he will build with his own full season budget.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

Criticise when you like, all managers know the score.

Don't judge until October next season.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights from AFCRDTV

sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The word "highlights" always brings a smile to my face, not too many of them this season.