Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Re: Former Players

Post by Formic »

Adrian wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:39 pm
Olly wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:56 pm So only a one game former player but Neo Richard-Noel is doing well at a very good Welly Town side in the UCL, 5 goals in 6 games.

Edit: Make that 7 in 7 after tonight's game.
They deserve some good fortune, I think it was about 20 years ago when the Snooker player invested in them and there was big talk about the future but for whatever reason that didn't happen, I will always be grateful to them for playing a part in getting this club established.
Perhaps you're right, but I was never convinced they fully embraced the Diamonds presence in Wellingborough, despite the various upgrades that helped them meet Ground Grading. Quite what part they played in the Diamonds having to leave the Dog and Duck wasn't too clear either - but they still seem to be there!
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 99 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Jack Bowen signs for Wellingborough Town
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

More on Welly as Jack Bowen has left Daventry and joined them. That was someone we only saw the best from in those few games at the end of the St Ives playoff season, not sure what went wrong after that but unfortunately he never turned into the player that was threatened during those couple of months.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Post by Brownie »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 am Jack Bowen signs for Wellingborough Town
Beat me to it !!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Brownie wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:31 am More on Welly as Jack Bowen has left Daventry and joined them. That was someone we only saw the best from in those few games at the end of the St Ives playoff season, not sure what went wrong after that but unfortunately he never turned into the player that was threatened during those couple of months.
The following season sat almost exclusively on the bench at Brackley didn't do him any favours. By the time he reappeared with us I thought he'd lost his hunger for it. Considering Daventry's position this season he's done well to score as many goals as he has. I imagine he'll score a shedload for Wellingborough.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

The usual post-Christmas budget cut at Welly seems to have been delayed this season
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

Evangelos Empochontsif Signs for Walthamstow
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Wobbly Wardley wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:32 am Evangelos Empochontsif Signs for Walthamstow
Close to his home, whilst he revises and prepares for exams? If he were to return to Uni of Northampton I would be happy to see him back with us, probably Burgess's best signing.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 54 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Wobbly Wardley wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:32 am Evangelos Empochontsif Signs for Walthamstow
Looks like he was involved in a cracking debut on Saturday as well, 4-3 down in the 90th minute and went onto win 6-4!
Wobbly Wardley
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by Wobbly Wardley »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:02 pm
Looks like he was involved in a cracking debut on Saturday as well, 4-3 down in the 90th minute and went onto win 6-4!

Must have felt he was still in a diamonds shirt letting so many goals in 😂