Lost [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 18th Feb ] v Hednesford Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by corby diamond »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:10 pm What an utter shower!!

Didn't expect results to miraculously improve under new management, but a shot on target or a goal wouldn't go amiss!
That’s why I’ve decided to stay away at the moment.. fair play to the people who travel further but I can’t justify the entrance fee and 40 mile round trip on this week in week out.. it’s bad enough reading the Twitter updates or this forum, but watching a team who has gone through an embarrassing number of players this season, no thanks..

I don’t expect winning constantly, but a point now and again would be nice.. I just can’t get to grips with all these incomings, and then they leave a week later. There will be 10-15 new faces come august. I just don’t find this appealing whatsoever and I’m sure there are plenty who think the same. Some old long term supporters just don’t post on here anymore..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

^ Actually I think we had one shot on target in the second half, but it was so weak and speculative it can hardly count.

Can this season just end, thought we might be able to at least get a draw to an equally bad team but no, five games without a goal, we are woeful going forward, even worse than under Burge and Maxwell...

Yes, still can feel positive about the long term future and what won't be as miserable at step 4 after a summer of rebuilding, but we've still got 3 months of this shit to watch and like the above, it really has got to be testing even the most loyal of supporters.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Olly wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:26 pm ^ Actually I think we had one shot on target in the second half, but it was so weak and speculative it can hardly count.

Can this season just end, thought we might be able to at least get a draw to an equally bad team but no, five games without a goal, we are woeful going forward, even worse than under Burge and Maxwell...

Yes, still can feel positive about the long term future and what won't be as miserable at step 4 after a summer of rebuilding, but we've still got 3 months of this shit to watch and like the above, it really has got to be testing even the most loyal of supporters.
have to agree with this. If this had of been Burgess, people would have been waiting for him outside. If it was Maxwell, they'd be putting bricks through his windows! Not putting all the blame on Nunn, because it's difficult to bring in quality at this stage, but at least try and get on the scoresheet, let alone points on the board. If we keep signing kids then we literally have no chance of getting results. We minds as well play 10 at the back and try and get a 0-0!
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

I keep reading on here about going down to step 4, rebuilding (again) and bouncing back up. Sorry but that more than likely won’t happen straight away.. could be same level for 4-5 years who knows maybe longer? Teams are bringing in money and investment as the seasons go on. The only thing diamonds attract is kids..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Phew, another day of painful acceptance that we have the worst side in this division. A few players that put in a good shift, but there's a complete lack of quality in the final third. It looked like 2 UCL sides, battling out a mid table encounter.
We're down, let's accept it and move on.
AFC R & D member number 34
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Didn’t go today but I am absolutely shocked that we didn’t have a shot on target against Hednesford. Like literally what are we doing between now and the end?? I have no idea and doubt the management know either . End the season with a pub team?
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Chris, if you ever read this, a while ago after your first win, you said something along the lines of you would rather lose trying to win than lose trying to get a point.

Was this just said in the excitement of Ngwa's late goal winning that game? and to get fans into the stadium?

Since then we haven't really seen any evidence of us trying to play that way and I worry that being negative when we were desperate for points in the last few games has thrown away the little chance we had of being able to go on a run.

Can we just go gung-ho from now until the end of the season? I don't care if we lose or if the players start shooting from the half way line, even if a shot goes nearer to the corner flag at least it would be something to have a chuckle about. Maxwell used to say he told the players to have fun and right now we are craving some of that, let's go 2-4-4 and lose 6-3.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

corby diamond wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 5:43 pm I keep reading on here about going down to step 4, rebuilding (again) and bouncing back up. Sorry but that more than likely won’t happen straight away.. could be same level for 4-5 years who knows maybe longer? Teams are bringing in money and investment as the seasons go on. The only thing diamonds attract is kids..
Perhaps, yes, but as a football fan having to endure the shite we've endured this season, you always look for silver linings. Budget will be tight for sure, but we won't be as out of our depth at step 4 and should we keep Nunn, he is a manager who knows that level well, so I would be hopeful we'd at least be challenging for playoffs at step 4.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

Adrian wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 6:12 pm Chris, if you ever read this, a while ago after your first win, you said something along the lines of you would rather lose trying to win than lose trying to get a point.

Was this just said in the excitement of Ngwa's late goal winning that game? and to get fans into the stadium?

Since then we haven't really seen any evidence of us trying to play that way and I worry that being negative when we were desperate for points in the last few games has thrown away the little chance we had of being able to go on a run.

Can we just go gung-ho from now until the end of the season? I don't care if we lose or if the players start shooting from the half way line, even if a shot goes nearer to the corner flag at least it would be something to have a chuckle about. Maxwell used to say he told the players to have fun and right now we are craving some of that, let's go 2-4-4 and lose 6-3.
If we go gung-ho we'll be losing 6-0, not 6-3. With Ngwa and now Tee departed, we don't have anyone with the quality to create or score at the right end.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews