Lost [ Sat 11th Feb ] v Barwell, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Re: [ Sat 11th Feb ] v Barwell, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Ricky330 »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:46 pm I'd say that just about ends our stay at this level. We're a poor shadow of the team we used to be, but there are signs of recovery. A decent second half effort with a couple of chances, in the end we didn't have the quality to change the scoreline. We have too many small players and they just get overpowered. We are a kick and rush team mostly and I'm looking forward to this awful season ending .
Exactly my thoughts. Kids in the playground playing kick & rush football. Our game plan from the off today just seemed to be "if it comes near our goal, just kick it away as far as you can"
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:41 pm Dreadful today . Nunn said he wanted to put smiles on faces & fight on the pitch. Unfortunately there is Nunn of either.😔
I don't think it's fair to say there was no fight on the pitch. The effort was there from most of the team, but we're just desperately lacking in quality.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

Some glimpses of fight and positivity in the second half after the dreadful first half performance where we could barely string two passes together let alone create chances. Though still only half chances and unable test their goalie really, still a new team of course, but we have not looked any more dangerous going forward under Nunn so far sadly.

I will say I thought Burnside perhaps looks better suited to that lone striker role than Jensen and you could really show the passion and desire he put in especially towards the end, so that's a positive atvleast.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Ricky330
Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

davealbon wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:11 pm
Ricky330 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:41 pm Dreadful today . Nunn said he wanted to put smiles on faces & fight on the pitch. Unfortunately there is Nunn of either.😔
I don't think it's fair to say there was no fight on the pitch. The effort was there from most of the team, but we're just desperately lacking in quality.
OK, but their Effort is no where near enough unfortunately. (Just my opinion)
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

That was awful. If that was a Maxwell team he’d be getting slated all weekend. I thought today was the day to try Cooper and Burnside together but unfortunately not. The effort might be there but the quality isn’t even close. Barwell were poor, as were Stratford. We go again Tuesday, away in Needham…
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

I wasn’t there today but how would this starting 11 get on in step 4 ? Just how far are we from 2020
smoky
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 16 times

Post by smoky »

A very poor first half,not one shot on target for their goalkeeper to save,so much for Chris saying we would go for it.Second half not a lot better but at least we had two forwards attacking them,why did we start so negative, Burneside on his own is not going to produce goals,I felt really sorry for him as he never stopped trying and our stand in goalkeeper did not disgrace himself and made a wonderful one handed save in the first half to keep us in the game.When is the message going to get through that one man up front is not going to be enough to win us a game, is our defence so poor that we have to pack it with bodies at the expense of the chance we might score some goals?I hate to criticise this early in Chris,s reign but don't let's hear the same old thing,we must go for it,we need to have our heads held high,we mustn't let our heads drop,when that is just what we are doing from the terrace.
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Post by Rushdenjim »

All for supporting the process, but that does not exempt Nunn from criticism regarding our inability to actually manage to put the ball in the net somehow. I make that three games without a goal, 4 goals in 6 games in the 'Nunn Era'. Worrying trend.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I’ve just got home, almost 2.5 hours travelling back from seeing my team give absolutely 100% in effort and I do not doubt that, but the quality was awful. We just aren’t going to attract people along to watch kick and rush with players who aren’t suited to kick and rush.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Not to sure what people expect with everything that's gone on & very little to work with. All your local clubs paying far more than us. I said & still stand by that I won't judge nunn on this season as certainly not fair with the mess created & left with. Only my opinion of course