P’boro Sports in trouble

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Brownie
Been Liked: 28 times

Re: P’boro Sports in trouble

Post by Brownie »

And now Jimmy Dean has gone, No Manager, No Chairman chucking 150k a year at it and no real interest from the people of Peterborough, but please don’t call them a pub team🤦‍♂️
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Brownie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:54 pm And now Jimmy Dean has gone, No Manager, No Chairman chucking 150k a year at it and no real interest from the people of Peterborough, but please don’t call them a pub team🤦‍♂️
It's funny how teams drop out the league and then struggle in the conference, see Scunthorpe United, Oldham Athletic, Yeovil Town, I'm sure Torquay United followed the same path years ago too.

I don't know how Jimmy Dean, a manager who has always had a good budget in his armoury has got the Scunthorpe job, if they go into Conference North there is a difference between managing a club with major expectations from thousands of fans and managing a club who have overachieved and have a fanbase of 400.

Paul Cox to Sports until the end of the season could have some legs.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Adrian wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:14 pm
Brownie wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:54 pm And now Jimmy Dean has gone, No Manager, No Chairman chucking 150k a year at it and no real interest from the people of Peterborough, but please don’t call them a pub team🤦‍♂️
It's funny how teams drop out the league and then struggle in the conference, see Scunthorpe United, Oldham Athletic, Yeovil Town, I'm sure Torquay United followed the same path years ago too.

I don't know how Jimmy Dean, a manager who has always had a good budget in his armoury has got the Scunthorpe job, if they go into Conference North there is a difference between managing a club with major expectations from thousands of fans and managing a club who have overachieved and have a fanbase of 400.

Paul Cox to Sports until the end of the season could have some legs.
Fan base of 400 😂 they dream of that, take the away fans out of their gates it’s probably nearer 250.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

How long do the National League/FA give teams to upgrade the facilities to meet the new ground grading regulations as in the news story they have been told they need 3000 capacity, i note the Chairman bleated that they only have a max ave crowd of 300 so bitching about having to upgrade the ground.

So unless they have put in place the works to be carried out they will be relegated anyhow in due course
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

Biggles wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:11 am How long do the National League/FA give teams to upgrade the facilities to meet the new ground grading regulations as in the news story they have been told they need 3000 capacity, i note the Chairman bleated that they only have a max ave crowd of 300 so bitching about having to upgrade the ground.

So unless they have put in place the works to be carried out they will be relegated anyhow in due course
I’m sure they get a season so would have to be up to standard before start of next season. That was a ridiculous comment by them, everyone knows the rules and ground requirements so to tell everyone how wonderful you are getting to step 2 then say the rules shouldn’t apply to them as nobody watches them, bit odd.
They still bleat on about the multiple postponed games v Diamonds and have added K*trin to that moan as they had game called off v Sprouts, apparently they spend 25k on drainage so why can’t everyone else🤦‍♂️ that was I presume after Christmas 2021 when they started to slip up and Jimmy Dean commented the state of their pitch could cost them promotion!! Presume the other 575k invested by Mr Biddle in last 4 seasons was all on playing staff? Oh no they are all local lads putting something back into the community and Sprouts have a small budget. Nobody will invest as it’s not an investment it’s just chucking money at a club that despite 6/7 years of continued success nobody in Peterborough appears to want. UCL within 5 years at a sustainable level for them. Hopefully!!
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

You get promoted at the end of 2022/23 then you have until 31st March 2024 to get the ground in order.
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:23 pm You get promoted at the end of 2022/23 then you have until 31st March 2024 to get the ground in order.
So they got promoted 21/22 so only have until this March to sort!! can't see that happening, so with no main money chucker, no manager (who I'm sure will take a couple of players) and a sub standard ground the fall to match the rise may be starting shortly.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Biggles wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:11 am How long do the National League/FA give teams to upgrade the facilities to meet the new ground grading regulations as in the news story they have been told they need 3000 capacity, i note the Chairman bleated that they only have a max ave crowd of 300 so bitching about having to upgrade the ground.

It depends on the name of the club...
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Brownie

Post by Brownie »

davealbon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:43 pm

Doesn’t it just Dave, all the bloody hoops that needed jumping through, built those yellow steel frames for the floodlight towers at the D&D then visit Bedford and they have a traffic cone in front of theirs 🤦‍♂️ and the club even had an insider on the UCL committee 😂
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by davealbon »

Brownie wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:38 pm
davealbon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:43 pm

Doesn’t it just Dave, all the bloody hoops that needed jumping through, built those yellow steel frames for the floodlight towers at the D&D then visit Bedford and they have a traffic cone in front of theirs 🤦‍♂️ and the club even had an insider on the UCL committee 😂
Fat lot of use he was! 😉😂
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297