Fosson leaves

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Fosson leaves

Post by Ricky330 »

Matt Fossen has agreed to mutually terminate his contract

Admin - added tweet for context

diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: Fosson leaves

Post by diamondsteve »

With as much respect given…….. thank f**k for that
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

diamondsteve wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:10 pm With as much respect given…….. thank f**k for that
Important to remember it was Burgess & old board that gave him the contract. Can't blame him for taking it, although, probably should have left by mutual consent earlier IMO
ParcelFace
Has Liked: 73 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by ParcelFace »

Great decision from the board but what a let down after all the anticipation! Awful decision to put him on a contract in the first place. Glad to get a bit of clarity on the situation too, sounds like he's had a horrific spell of luck. Wish him all the best.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Ricky330 wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:20 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:10 pm With as much respect given…….. thank f**k for that
Important to remember it was Burgess & old board that gave him the contract. Can't blame him for taking it, although, probably should have left by mutual consent earlier IMO
Oh yes I know it was the old board & burgess, the fact that we got the fa contract out after a “few weeks getting to know him” was just so unprofessional.
Last edited by diamondsteve on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

One small point on the article, technically he played twice since his wrist injury I think, he also played at Barwell which to be fair to him and despite his wrist he actually had a great game and motm. Yes he had a shocker at Hednesford but I still wish we could have seen more of him as he did seem like a good guy and I like that he came to the EGM and showed an interest in the club, how many other players did that? Good luck to him.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Olly wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:09 pm I like that he came to the EGM and showed an interest in the club, how many other players did that? Good luck to him.
I don't think players or managers should be attending the EGM's. Rich Maxwell also attended, if fans have got some critical comments to make they may not feel as free to make them.

I always think however bad a problem is, if a lesson is learnt from it, then there is something beneficial going forward, at this level you can't be dishing out contracts to new signings who are not proven at the level you play at.

At the end of the day someone gave him the contract and as Ricky says who can blame him for taking it, best of luck to him wherever he goes next.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 56 times

Post by rdusher »

Adrian wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:24 pm
Olly wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:09 pm I like that he came to the EGM and showed an interest in the club, how many other players did that? Good luck to him.
I don't think players or managers should be attending the EGM's. Rich Maxwell also attended, if fans have got some critical comments to make they may not feel as free to make them.
Don't agree with this.
Both Maxwell and Fossen attended the EGM that night as members and part owners of our football club.
The beauty of our club is that every member has the right and the platform to put forward their view on how the club is governed and how we move forward.
Personally I respect the fact Matt Fossen attended and, despite the public kicking he was receiving at the time, Richard Maxwell attended the EGM that evening as a fan, member and part owner of our club.
I'd never like to see us move towards a dynamic that meant we pick and choose which members are allowed to air their view
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Not going to slag him off, because as Chris Nunn said he could have sat on his contract, but he was willing to come to a mutual agreement with the club.

Was just another example of how clueless Burgess was.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

rdusher wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:58 pm
Adrian wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:24 pm
Don't agree with this.
Both Maxwell and Fossen attended the EGM that night as members and part owners of our football club.
The beauty of our club is that every member has the right and the platform to put forward their view on how the club is governed and how we move forward.
Personally I respect the fact Matt Fossen attended and, despite the public kicking he was receiving at the time, Richard Maxwell attended the EGM that evening as a fan, member and part owner of our club.
I'd never like to see us move towards a dynamic that meant we pick and choose which members are allowed to air their view
I understand that, but at the EGM there were concerns about RM, with him being there (even as a member) it probably put some off putting their opinion forward about the management situation at the time. We all know what a people person Richard was, would have been sitting in his chair scowling at anyone who dared to criticise him! :cheesy:
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73