Lost [ Sat 26th Nov ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Sat 26th Nov ] v Rushall Olympic, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by diamondsteve »

Burg really fucked our club didn’t he. New manager needs to find 8 players quickly. Btw I really hope fossen isn’t collecting pay checks
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:08 pm Burg really fucked our club didn’t he. New manager needs to find 8 players quickly. Btw I really hope fossen isn’t collecting pay checks
Fossen on contract I believe
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I believe our problems started the moment Peaksy left as it was always going to be that he took most of the team comecthe new season. To replace one of Dolman or Collard was going to be tough but both was nigh on impossible. With Burge not wanting a few of the others we suddenly had hardly anyone in the squad left and a full rebuild is always challenging.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

nobody wants to get relegated, but I fear that we may have to go backwards to go forwards. Keep some of these youngsters, bring in some experience and build a winning team. There is still time to turn it around, but we're halfway through after next week's game, 7 points from safety, teams have games in hand. The new manager will have a quite mammoth task to save our season, but we have to keep believing and getting behind the team.
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Ricky330 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:35 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:08 pm Burg really fucked our club didn’t he. New manager needs to find 8 players quickly. Btw I really hope fossen isn’t collecting pay checks
So that’s ok then is it. Sod the contract he should give back the money , he knows the club’s situation he was there at the egm. He’s only played what two games. He’s not exactly going to want to rush back. I don’t want ppl like that here
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:09 pm
So that’s ok then is it. Sod the contract he should give back the money , he knows the club’s situation he was there at the egm. He’s only played what two games. He’s not exactly going to want to rush back. I don’t want ppl like that here
Of course its OK, blimey you must be an 18th Century Mill owner, hire and fire at will sod the workers, maybe you think people that are off sick should not be paid.

Fossen has bills like the rest of us, if he has a contract we should honor it
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Biggles wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:19 pm
diamondsteve wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:09 pm
Of course its OK, blimey you must be an 18th Century Mill owner, hire and fire at will sod the workers, maybe you think people that are off sick should not be paid.

Fossen has bills like the rest of us, if he has a contract we should honor it
Why are you comparing this to a Day job ??

This is just extra bucks
He does have a day job you know which pays the bills.

Legally it’s right but he should do the right thing. Leave and start with a new club next season.

I doubt he will be the same player worried if he lands on it again, he might come back next year to play a few games then move on close season. Lol imagine if he plays 5 games this season would be like £1k a game

The new manager will be surprised by the whole thing too

Moving on we shouldn’t give out contracts again.

Rant over
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:45 pm I believe our problems started the moment Peaksy left as it was always going to be that he took most of the team comecthe new season. To replace one of Dolman or Collard was going to be tough but both was nigh on impossible. With Burge not wanting a few of the others we suddenly had hardly anyone in the squad left and a full rebuild is always challenging.
How many did AP take?
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:53 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:45 pm I believe our problems started the moment Peaksy left as it was always going to be that he took most of the team comecthe new season. To replace one of Dolman or Collard was going to be tough but both was nigh on impossible. With Burge not wanting a few of the others we suddenly had hardly anyone in the squad left and a full rebuild is always challenging.
How many did AP take?
4 , and also the feel good factor
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

To be fair it was only collard, Dolman and AJ, although Ty was always going to meet up with him again, I believe Paddy would have gone if he could which I believe affected his mindset before his departure (not the only thing though). I will change my point, Peaksy was the glue that kept it all together. And I don’t begrudge him going, he earnt it and I hope he does very well at Tamworth. You don’t realise what you have until it’s gone.