Lost [ Mon 21st Nov ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Re: [ Mon 21st Nov ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

I have to say, I really think this UEFA license stuff is just a load of nonsense. I’m sure there are ways around it. What happens if A manager couldn’t make the game or they were sick. Is this just some old wives tale that we are all led to believe. I’m guessing loan players train with parent club full time so must get that level of coaching as a pro. Come Matchday with their loan clubs the parent club must know that they are going to be looked after.
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:46 am If RM does get relieved of his duties whenever that may be, unfortunately, unless we could come to some sort of compromise with the loan clubs, it would mean we’d lose those players unless the new manager has a UEFA B qualification.
My understanding was that the UEFA B (or better) qualification was favoured by the loaning clubs, but not a necessity. I don't think a loan could be ended prematurely due to a new manager coming in without the desired qualification. It could hamper us when it comes to securing additional loan deals in future though.

The biggest concern is that Ngwa's loan deal expires after Christmas, and given his performances in a struggling team this season there will no doubt be interest from other clubs at our level, if not above.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

I would assume it also means a member of the management team, not necessarily the manager themselves.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

davealbon wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:12 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:46 am If RM does get relieved of his duties whenever that may be, unfortunately, unless we could come to some sort of compromise with the loan clubs, it would mean we’d lose those players unless the new manager has a UEFA B qualification.
My understanding was that the UEFA B (or better) qualification was favoured by the loaning clubs, but not a necessity. I don't think a loan could be ended prematurely due to a new manager coming in without the desired qualification. It could hamper us when it comes to securing additional loan deals in future though.

The biggest concern is that Ngwa's loan deal expires after Christmas, and given his performances in a struggling team this season there will no doubt be interest from other clubs at our level, if not above.
If that’s the case then you have to question if it was lack of knowledge from the board.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

I've just watch the post match interview. I don't know why because they just wind me up! :cheesy:

It's the same sh*t that comes out his mouth every game. "We should have won. We created chances. We were the better side for large parts. We will assess things. We will work on things in training. We're a good young squad that's not far off. The lads will take some confidence into the next game. We'll look to build and get a result next time"

It's a joke! It's like he's living in a parallel universe and we're sitting comfortably mid table and they have scrapped relegation this year and every game is a free hit friendly.

We have lost to teams in and around us the last few games. We are being cut further adrift and he comes out and gives generic answers to some generic questioning.

It's an insult to the fans that go. I hope that by the end of the week, the new board that is assembled Wednesday has the guts to put him out on his ear!
Then go and apologise to some of the PROPER managers we said no to and hope one of them feels sorry enough to give us another chance.

I look at the table and think to myself this is salvageable, but not with this pig headed manager treating it like a Sunday park football side with nothing really riding on games
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:58 am If that’s the case then you have to question if it was lack of knowledge from the board.
I’ve only ever seen this come up on this forum. It did not come up in the meeting where he was appointed.
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Certainly a lack of football knowledge from the 4 directors who selected Maxwell!!
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

I'd love to know why Hicksy and Tee were dropped last night? Strange decision! I'd also like to know what Maxwell said to both players as to his reasons for doing so?

Oh and don't give me the rubbish I've heard that they both players needed a rest with 2 games in 48 hours!!!

Unless I am mistaken, we've now lost 6 out of the last 8 games since Maxwell was disgracefully appointed as manager by a board with little or no football knowledge.

I will be very disappointed if Maxwell is still in charge at Rushall on Saturday but I'm not holding my breath!!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

The pressman wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:41 pm I will be very disappointed if Maxwell is still in charge at Rushall on Saturday but I'm not holding my breath!!
Who manages the team @ Rushall should that happen?
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291