Lost [ Sat 19th Nov ] v Stourbridge FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Sat 19th Nov ] v Stourbridge FC, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:03 pm
therushden wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:01 pm Get everyone back on side with a new broom. Notice lots of familiar faces not about the place at the moment.
Exactly this. Only one way to get out of this and that’s everyone together.
Have you put your name forward to join the board?
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:47 am Why are we getting so many injuries. Every week we have to make 2 or 3 changes. Is it bad lack? Is a change in training routine required? This has been going on since the very start of the season, not just recently.
It could be the level of intensity during training sessions, expecting the young players to do too much, that’s the only explanation I can come up with.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Firstly, i appreciate that we didn't have Ngwa, Evan and Hughes yesterday but that was a poor performance from Diamonds and the manager must take full responsibility.

Maxwell has to go and go now if we are to have any chance of staying up - he hasn't a clue and it was plain to see yesterday! His plan B in the second half was to put on 3 strikers who didn't have a shot between them in the final 45 mins.

The passing was non existent - in fact I saw better passing from my son's Sunday league side this morning - what does Maxwell do in training??? We had 2 shots in the entire game including the scrambled opener - while I might be wrong but did we actually get into their penalty area in the second half because we certainly didn't have a shot on goal! The defence was worse than shambolic with the 2 central defenders all at sea. Dreadful passing was one thing but we couldn't clear a ball properly if our lives depended upon it!

Also, I bet Jon Brady is shaking his head in disbelief that one of his rising stars was loaned out to us last week so that he can just warm the bench. he's better than that but Maxwell obviously knows better.

Stourbridge weren't great but conceding the way we did early in the second half was criminal! We had 3 players on their winger for the first goal 48 secs after the interval and he still got the cross in! The second goal was down to our number 5 who failed to clear on the edge of his own area.

On another day that could have been double figures - and better teams might run up a cricket score.

We can only hope that we have one or two injured/unavailable players back for Monday - because this is another six pointer. We have a good record at Hitchin but we cannot afford to make so many errors that we did yesterday.

It's painful watching at the moment.
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

100% agree

If RM is the clubman that he would like us to believe he is then hopefully even he can see this is not working and should walk.

A new board will struggle to put a decent budget together as gates get lower week by week, make no mistake this current squad would see us relegated this season and probably go straight though the league below also.

A new board can only do so much, the income is generated by what happens on the pitch.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

real diamond wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:59 pm 100% agree

If RM is the clubman that he would like us to believe he is then hopefully even he can see this is not working and should walk.

A new board will struggle to put a decent budget together as gates get lower week by week, make no mistake this current squad would see us relegated this season and probably go straight though the league below also.

A new board can only do so much, the income is generated by what happens on the pitch.
As I said on another thread. It's time to focus on saving our Club not the season
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

The performances currently are shambolic and people think it’s wise to put the prices up?? You want people through the turnstiles, not sending them away.. the quality currently ain’t even worth £11 let’s be honest
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

Why on earth are people on here talking about price increases to get in! Isn't £11 more than enough to watch the complete shower on show at present?

This has the feel of the outside world at the moment! (the Liz Truss days)..Sorry we (the board on this occassion) mucked up, can you the fans help pay for said balls up. The balls up being employing this hopeless manager.

I appreciate the "hardcore" fans here will say they'll happily pay whatever it takes to help the club, and I applaud them. However in reality until what is on offer on the field changes the club will continue to struggle to attract people back through the gates at the current prices, let alone increasing them.

We have this fraud of the manager and the people that allowed him to get the job to blame for the state the club at the moment. Had we appointed a proper manager with a proper plan, the crowds would be up , the fanbase untied and we wouldn't be talking about price increases.

The club chose to give the job to this joke of a "manager" and are now reaping what they sowed.

In the current climate floating fans (myself included) won't fork out money to go and watch miserable football, in miserable weather, with miserable results week in week out. Lord knows life is pretty rough as it is, without having watch Mr Maxwell and Co* run the club into the ground at the weekend.

Lets get a board in place and get this fraud out. Then and only then can we look to move forward. That is now looking likely to have to happen in the league below.
FOOTYMAN
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

Dowlo wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:56 pm Why on earth are people on here talking about price increases to get in! Isn't £11 more than enough to watch the complete shower on show at present?

This has the feel of the outside world at the moment! (the Liz Truss days)..Sorry we (the board on this occassion) mucked up, can you the fans help pay for said balls up. The balls up being employing this hopeless manager.

I appreciate the "hardcore" fans here will say they'll happily pay whatever it takes to help the club, and I applaud them. However in reality until what is on offer on the field changes the club will continue to struggle to attract people back through the gates at the current prices, let alone increasing them.

We have this fraud of the manager and the people that allowed him to get the job to blame for the state the club at the moment. Had we appointed a proper manager with a proper plan, the crowds would be up , the fanbase untied and we wouldn't be talking about price increases.

The club chose to give the job to this joke of a "manager" and are now reaping what they sowed.

In the current climate floating fans (myself included) won't fork out money to go and watch miserable football, in miserable weather, with miserable results week in week out. Lord knows life is pretty rough as it is, without having watch Mr Maxwell and Co* run the club into the ground at the weekend.

Lets get a board in place and get this fraud out. Then and only then can we look to move forward. That is now looking likely to have to happen in the league below.
Exactly what l feel, well said. It needs to be sorted as quickly a possible, otherwise there will only be around 100 spectators turning up in January, which will plunge the club into a deep financial crisis, one that will be difficult to escape.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Match highlights with AFCRDTV