Lost [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Sat 12th Nov ] v Royston Town, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by fentiger79 »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:09 am
SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:49 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:30 am Just a point. R and D FC was formed in 1992,by my maths that 30 years not 40.
Rushden Town and Irthlingborough Diamonds formed Rushden & Diamonds, both had been playing for many, many years.

It's probably time to start facing reality. With the current management relegation is now probable rather than possible. The current management won't be replaced because the ludicrous way they were appointed means nobody with the quality of contacts and game management skills will come.

The main aim for the rest of the season should be to reunite the fan base and plan to hit the ground running next season.
With a new board in place, a renewed enthusiasm and drive it will be possible to attract a new experienced manager. Let's stop looking backwards and begin to move forward. We have enough games left to rebuild for the future.
Totally agree Three of Diamonds
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

The financial situation is primarily caused by the seasons sponsors withdrawing £18k, not just the drop in attendances.
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

fentiger79 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:31 am
Biggles wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:29 am
fentiger79 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:29 pm
Thanks Sussex, I will be removing my application with immediate effect.
Really, One person gives you a bit of grief and you run for the hills, would not last five minutes on the board anyhow after the fans give you real grief after every decision you are part off gets slagged off as not good enough.

I was one of those who thought the RM appointment was shocking given what was said earlier from the Board but not for second would i have a hissy fit and withdraw my support from the team, yes the TEAM whoever managers it does not matter its the TEAM you are supposed to Support and frankly stopping monetary support is shocking as you might as well say bye bye to the team and club as it goes broke and all because you don't like a person,
again and i repeat myself as a supporter its the TEAM not individuals you support.

As for replacing the manager, its not a matter of clicking fingers and in a puff of smoke the messiah appears to lead us to the promised land (OK mid table will do) firstly the best managers will want a good budget, remuneration package etc and have we the money for that and frankly not going to games and withdrawing lottery money will make it harder to come up with the dosh for such a manager.

So carry on in a fit of pique with your comrades whilst us other will pledge our support to the Club and Team the best we can even though we may have reservations about what happened, personally it is you and a few others who are the divide in the support and that will only heal when you get down from your high horse.
I take grief everyday in the company I manage in. Aside from the grief I do get a lot more and that’s the thing that’s disappointing as it could have been useful. I have made clear on previous occasions that I have no issues with the manager personally and no dislike. My decisions are based purely on the way of the appointment made at the time. Just because we aren’t losing by as many is the rationale given to change all our minds and accept everything. If you are happy with 4 points from 6 games from an inexperienced manager with limited connections trying to save us from relegation when all the noise around Burge was exactly this then so be it. It’s your choice. What I would say is that the points target given can not just be changed or altered as new board members join. That was explained in detail to the fans at the EGM and was the same formula used to get rid of Burge. To change it now would be even worse than the appointment itself especially when the manager helped create the points decision. Like I have said I have no issue with the manager, if he wanted the job he should have gone away and got some experience at level 3,4,5 or even 6 to slow him to come back in a couple of years. That would be totally different and he would had we had my support.
I assume then that if we reach the points target (I have no idea if we can), or if we had, you wouldn't want him sacked, as the only reason you are against him is the way he was appointed.
Easton Diamond
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Easton Diamond »

I agree with Pigman and also think that things will change around for us. It certainly wasn’t the start we wanted conceding early on. We do seem to be quite vulnerable when defending set pieces and again we failed to clear our lines. During the rest of the first half we had a few promising attacks but didn’t test the keeper enough.

We came out with much more purpose in the second however and deservedly got the equaliser. It was a fantastic strike, hard and low from Miguel Ngwa who as usual offered our main attacking threat. Let’s hope we can extend his loan period when the time comes. Yes Snedker made that superb save, but we were in the ascendency at that point and looked much the likelier team to go on and win. Then out of nothing came the penalty decision. From where I was standing it looked extremely harsh with Dawkins so close to the player crossing the ball. When you’re down the bottom these sorts of decisions always seem to go against you.

I really feel for the players and management as we did not deserve to lose that match and merited at least a point from it. Nice to see our support was appreciated afterwards. Another important home game against Stourbridge coming up, so get that drum out and support the boys right from the first whistle.
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights and interviews from AFCRDTV

fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 4:15 pm
fentiger79 wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 8:31 am
Biggles wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 7:29 am

Really, One person gives you a bit of grief and you run for the hills, would not last five minutes on the board anyhow after the fans give you real grief after every decision you are part off gets slagged off as not good enough.

I was one of those who thought the RM appointment was shocking given what was said earlier from the Board but not for second would i have a hissy fit and withdraw my support from the team, yes the TEAM whoever managers it does not matter its the TEAM you are supposed to Support and frankly stopping monetary support is shocking as you might as well say bye bye to the team and club as it goes broke and all because you don't like a person,
again and i repeat myself as a supporter its the TEAM not individuals you support.

As for replacing the manager, its not a matter of clicking fingers and in a puff of smoke the messiah appears to lead us to the promised land (OK mid table will do) firstly the best managers will want a good budget, remuneration package etc and have we the money for that and frankly not going to games and withdrawing lottery money will make it harder to come up with the dosh for such a manager.

So carry on in a fit of pique with your comrades whilst us other will pledge our support to the Club and Team the best we can even though we may have reservations about what happened, personally it is you and a few others who are the divide in the support and that will only heal when you get down from your high horse.
I take grief everyday in the company I manage in. Aside from the grief I do get a lot more and that’s the thing that’s disappointing as it could have been useful. I have made clear on previous occasions that I have no issues with the manager personally and no dislike. My decisions are based purely on the way of the appointment made at the time. Just because we aren’t losing by as many is the rationale given to change all our minds and accept everything. If you are happy with 4 points from 6 games from an inexperienced manager with limited connections trying to save us from relegation when all the noise around Burge was exactly this then so be it. It’s your choice. What I would say is that the points target given can not just be changed or altered as new board members join. That was explained in detail to the fans at the EGM and was the same formula used to get rid of Burge. To change it now would be even worse than the appointment itself especially when the manager helped create the points decision. Like I have said I have no issue with the manager, if he wanted the job he should have gone away and got some experience at level 3,4,5 or even 6 to slow him to come back in a couple of years. That would be totally different and he would had we had my support.
I assume then that if we reach the points target (I have no idea if we can), or if we had, you wouldn't want him sacked, as the only reason you are against him is the way he was appointed.
Well my opinion around how the appointment came about and the fact we went against everything that we fans said Burge didn’t have makes the second part of your question irrelevant to me as irrespective of points I won’t change my mind. For the club that’s great if points targets are achieved as it’s going to help the club survive and it’s what the board had agreed with Maxwell. Whilst I don’t agree with it that’s the “contract” they have between each other that allowed him the job. One which I hope ultimately will be stick to. However at this moment my thoughts and opinions around not being the right choice is backed up by the points over the past 6 games.
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

Burgess inherited a winning team and had about 25 games to get it right, Maxwell has had 7 to clear up the mess. The guy deserves a fair crack at the job, all the indications are that things are gradually improving. I am Confident by the time we play Tamworth again we will see a much more competitive game and that will be an indicator of how much we have progressed
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

And that’s the reasoning, that we are more competitive. If you are referencing the Coalville and Hednesford game then of course that’s true but with massive reasons behind those two performances. If you look at the majority of the other games Burge took charge of the team was competitive in nearly all of them. Ilkeston (should have won), Basford (injury time goal), Hitchin ( should have won), and so on. Just to remind you that the season is only 42 games long. Time is not a luxury we have where we can just say it’s improving, Tamworth is 5 games away. How far do we give it ? Tamworth? Christmas? Easter? I actually think our success has warped our minds as we are not used to being in a relegation fight and the importance of decisions, recruitment and structure to get out of it. Take a look at the league table and pick 4 teams that we need to get above. Take Hednesford as the given although they will still spend I’m sure. Then look at where we are with the points and equally importantly the games played. Our decision making has been poor, recruitment has been poor and the structure poor. I’m not being funny, just stating the truth. If the only argument back is that we look more competitive but still lose then we accept our fate and prepare for relegation.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:53 pm all the indications are that things are gradually improving.
Failed to beat ten men, keep conceding in the first ten minutes and have to score to be back in the game, that's not much of an improvement to be honest
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

SouthRushdenJFC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:32 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:53 pm all the indications are that things are gradually improving.
Failed to beat ten men, keep conceding in the first ten minutes and have to score to be back in the game, that's not much of an improvement to be honest
You should have seen it before.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291