Won [ Sat 5th Nov ] v Kings Langley, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Re: [ Sat 5th Nov ] v Kings Langley, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:19 pm That was all the players doing,THEY did what was needed, and got the three points.

:drinks:
The Manager's two substitutes scored and one of the players he's signed over the past couple of weeks was one of the best players on the pitch today. Criticise when it's warranted, not for the sake of it.

A must win game and we won. Several I thought had their best games for us to date. Kanga on the wing was dangerous and if he can keep that up leaves us less reliant on Ngwa, who was again head and shoulders above the rest although Hicks was superb too.

A chance to follow this up next weekend against another side in poor form and dropping like a stone in Royston.

A great feeling tonight in what Will hopefully prove to have been a pivotal week for the club on and off the pitch.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:34 pm
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:19 pm That was all the players doing,THEY did what was needed, and got the three points.

:drinks:
The Manager's two substitutes scored and one of the players he's signed over the past couple of weeks was one of the best players on the pitch today. Criticise when it's warranted, not for the sake of it.

A must win game and we won. Several I thought had their best games for us to date. Kanga on the wing was dangerous and if he can keep that up leaves us less reliant on Ngwa, who was again head and shoulders above the rest although Hicks was superb too.

A chance to follow this up next weekend against another side in poor form and dropping like a stone in Royston.

A great feeling tonight in what Will hopefully prove to have been a pivotal week for the club on and off the pitch.
That’s a fair criticism of my post, he does deserve some credit. Still has work to do to fully win me round though! :)
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Am I being thick? Who is Kanga? Haven’t been to a game in a while but can’t see a player with a name anything like it? Have I missed something? :cheesy:
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

rossco wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:54 pm Am I being thick? Who is Kanga? Haven’t been to a game in a while but can’t see a player with a name anything like it? Have I missed something? :cheesy:
Andy Mandjoba / Andy Kanga. Same person. It seems he's changed his name back and forth throughout his career!
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:58 pm
rossco wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:54 pm Am I being thick? Who is Kanga? Haven’t been to a game in a while but can’t see a player with a name anything like it? Have I missed something? :cheesy:
Andy Mandjoba / Andy Kanga. Same person. It seems he's changed his name back and forth throughout his career!
THANK YOU! Knew I must have missed something
StaceyH
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by StaceyH »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 7:58 pm
Players are registered using the name that appears on their ID. Some players, like Andy and Eniola, use a different name in everyday life. It’s really frustrating that the registration system is so rigid that it can’t accommodate anything other than their full name as it appears on their ID….as you’d expect, I’ve raised it with the SL.
R.I.P Dale....always and forever in our hearts
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:10 pm Really enjoyed todays game, we oh so needed it.

The rain actually helped by getting people to fill the de banke which created a good atmosphere especially for the third and fourth goals. Really think we need more people to stand in there for future games, so we hopefully get more scenes like today.

Big mention to Hicks who I’m normally criticising after each game, he was very good.
Definitely, after the flat atmosphere of the first half, there was a real positive mood in the fans in the second half and I loved the scenes after Manangu's goal, such a great feeling and to score 4 goals!

Hicks was my MOTM to be fair, he stood up today and put in a real leaders performance, but it was an all round great performance today and in the second half, the first time this season we have genuinely looked the better team, though against a very poor opposition. Great to see Manangu getting a goal on his debut, clearly lacking match fitness of course, but hopefully it will buoy him and be a good player for us.

A sliver of hope and a big relief we got an essential win today, no I still don't think Maxwell is the right man for the job, but he deserves credit with the team today no matter what you think of him.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Basil

Post by Basil »

Today was just what we needed! Going behind twice but coming back to win! The writing was on the wall yet again after 7 mins but we pulled through and came back twice to complete a vital victory! Every single player today played for the team and the fans, as was clear after the final whistle! Reckon the players enjoyed that as much as us fans!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No: 26
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

Well that was a pleasant surprise!

While I'll never accept Maxwell as manager - credit is due today with whatever he said at HT because it changed the game in our favour. We went for the jugular second half and got what we deserved. Connor Tee's introduction was key and his brilliant free kick won us 3 priceless points.

I think Corden is improving game by game while the number 17 looks a really good acquisition.

It was good to see and hear a home crowd so involved and so animated and we actually had fans getting behind the team which was good to hear.

Onwards and upwards!