Drawn [ Sat 29th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: [ Sat 29th Oct ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Olly »

Couldn't make it yesterday, at least we didn't lose, but at home to a team in the lower half of the table, in horrible form and with 10 men for 40 minutes of the game is certainly the sort of game we must take all 3 points from to survive. Next week is as must win as they come, unless we are going to pull more Nuneaton like wins out of nowhere.

Also, crowds obviously a real concern, 320 on a Saturday against a club that assume must have had done away fans would have been unheard of a few years back. But obviously I don't blame them for staying away. Probably will be sub 300 next week.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

It hurts to say this but it is the weakest Diamonds team I've seen in half a century. It's a team that's waiting for the game to happen and strewn with poor quality passing and little movement. Having said that, the disallowed goal was a good move, and we should be beating 10 men. At least we showed some effort in the last 10 minutes.
In the first half we showed little pride, just wandering slowly forwards for free kicks in their half, mostly demoralised by the looks of it.
I only saw half a dozen Sporting fans to be fair, they seem in the doldrums like us.
AFC R & D member number 34
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I agree, very poor team at the moment. Maybe 4 or 5 to build a team around. But this is where the right manager should have been appointed, no bound we would have had a completely different team on show and another few points I’m sure.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

^ Let's not forget giving fans fist pumps before the second half in the Redditch game lol.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Highlights from AFCRDTV

rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

The not going in protest is a complex argument. As low crowds could lead to an absolute nightmare of finances and demise of the club but as have been mentioned if we still got 400/450 each week then it wouldn’t seem like a horrific situation, low crowds should prompt the board (when they’re able to) to make a change!
As someone who has a near 2 hour journey to home games and a 9 month old, I know how I’d rather spend my Saturdays at the moment…..
Dowlo
Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Post by Dowlo »

rossco wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:08 pm
As someone who has a near 2 hour journey to home games and a 9 month old, I know how I’d rather spend my Saturdays at the moment…..
I'm the same. 90 minute car journey to watch my club being run into the ground by some self appointment manager, who only got the job as he was on the board!

I didn't even bother going to my usual 20 minute "away trip" to Leiston last Tuesday. And if Maxwell is still in charge come Needham Market "away". I shan't be bothering going to that either.

I can think of 101 things I'd rather do than watch the club at the minute. As for Mr Maxwell's selfie tweet giving the thumbs up to the fans..... he's trolling the fans who do turn up. He knows he wont be in the job for the long haul, he's enjoying the ride and the extra money he earns now, all for his own self gratitude!

He blocks those that moan about him on twitter, and even those that travel to away games.

They'll be a sub 300 crowd very soon on a Saturday if he remains at the helm, throw in I know people (myself included) who have pulled the plug on their player lottery money. I don't want Mr Maxwell having the extra funds to waste on players!
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I too have cancelled my lottery money. The amount I will have missed will be put back in along with renewing my lottery once a new manager is appointed.
FOOTYMAN
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by FOOTYMAN »

👍⚽💷✖️
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »