Wrexham v Rushden and Diamonds

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Harry

Re: Wrexham v Rushden and Diamonds

Post by Harry »

Turveyman wrote:
Harry wrote:
Sara Pascoe wrote:O'Connor has rolled his ankle apparently. Oh and Osano might have also picked up something, f***'s sake. :(
At this rate we're going to have to pull out of the play off due to not being able to put out a side. :(
Cheerful pair aren't you ? We've just won again, moved above York whilst the first play off isn't until a week on Thursday. Let's wait until we hear something from the club before we throw in the towel :roll: .
A) I wasn't being serious.

B) My comment didn't aim to undermine the club in any way. It was more damning the bad luck that could potentially leave us weakened.

I am delighted that we won a tough game and are back in 4th. I have said nothing to suggest otherwise, so please don't suggest it yourself!
Diamond down South.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

On the way back now and I'm very happy at the moment, its fantastic that a team that was made up of mostly reserves could pick up an away win like that. Yes Wrexham were a useless bunch of cheats but I was very impressed with our youngsters today.

Also it was a super party like atmosphere in the away end, plus a sing off with the Wrexham fans at the end, which was a bit bizarre cause the Wrexham fans were on the pitch singing up at us!

10 away wins all season now, what a brilliant season its been on the road :D
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
ferrers

Post by ferrers »

Well done lads today.What a great atmosphere from all the fans,it must of been embarrasing for those wrexham fans.
I hope the injury to o'connor is not too bad as he is on fire atm.
Cant wait for Luton!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

That was their first league home defeat in 6 months.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
jimbobjaw

Post by jimbobjaw »

Harry wrote:
Turveyman wrote:Cheerful pair aren't you ? We've just won again, moved above York whilst the first play off isn't until a week on Thursday. Let's wait until we hear something from the club before we throw in the towel :roll: .
A) I wasn't being serious.

B) My comment didn't aim to undermine the club in any way. It was more damning the bad luck that could potentially leave us weakened.

I am delighted that we won a tough game and are back in 4th. I have said nothing to suggest otherwise, so please don't suggest it yourself!
Yeah it is most definately a worry, i would much prefer we had our strongest side out, but after today, we have to have confidence in the back up squad. If Osano is injured, then Huke can step into right back, and if Az is out, then I think Sam Smith has shown in the last couple of games that he can be a danger!!
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

BartonRaz wrote:That was their first league home defeat in 6 months.
I think you'll find they lost at home in the league 6 weeks ago rather than 6 months.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Formic wrote:
BartonRaz wrote:That was their first league home defeat in 6 months.
I think you'll find they lost at home in the league 6 weeks ago rather than 6 months.
Blimey, i was going on what was said in Saunders interview! Or perhaps it was once in 6 months, i can't remember and can't be bothered to listen again.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Mad Dog
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by Mad Dog »

I'd like to know what Saunders was smoking because I thought overall we were the better side, even with the useless ref and lino ("tackle" on O'Connor and the keeper bringing down Smith, which should have been a penalty, being the highlights). Apart from a couple of incidents, I didn't think much of Wrexham in the grand scheme of things.

Well done to our squad players that came in, you did the club proud and I hope Az is back asap.

EDIT: Second defeat at home in the last six months, first being against Stevenage, according to Saunders.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

I thought Wrexham were woeful and reminded me of K*ttering from a few weeks back. They did ok at the back, but you would'nt have thought they had last season's top scorer in the league, in their team!