Lost [ Tue 25th Oct ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Re: [ Tue 25th Oct ] v Leiston FC, KO 7:45pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

ChappoC wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:52 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:44 pm
ChappoC wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:00 pm

Which one of you is a liar? or are both of you liars?

None of you have used the word 'apparently' so you both seem to be certain that what you are saying is true.

Mistakes were made at board level and changes need to be made, but pushing out lies about how those mistakes were made is unfair regardless of your feelings towards the board, it also damages the image of the fanbase, most of whom are honest.
Maybe both are true?
I did consider that but then I thought if the coaching badge is so important - you would have rejected him before even looking at his style of play.

Ridiculous if it is any of those reasons though, as SRJFC says implementing a style of play on a team with 2 training sessions a week is an unrealistic dream, more so when you consider these are players that have jobs or studies during the day and since we have been in the relegation zone all season we are now in what Premier League clubs call 'Allardyce time' as in we can't afford to play pretty footy, we just need to get points on the board and if that means serving up ugly footy, I will have a large portion please.
You can’t call two people liars, say they reflect badly on the fan base and then back track like that!

I’ve done my fair share of reflecting our fan base badly over the years, questioning the two previous managerial decisions is not one of them. You’re also suggesting I have anti-board feelings, again not true, but I won’t call you a liar for it. I’m very appreciative of all board members, past and present for what they do for our club. I think there has been a clash of personalities at board level, I think there is a huge gap between board and fans. And I’ll air my thoughts to the relevant people, in person. Not on a public forum. However, one thing I am willing to question in public is the footballing decisions at the club. You get the footballing decisions right first team) and everything becomes easier to manage. We haven’t done that recently.

I do however, completely agree with your Big Sam analogy.

There is still time.

We need a new manager.

We need men, we need characters and we need leaders. We need to show a bit of fight and we need resilience.

The aim is clear, forget everything else, youth teams, cups, extended revenues. There should be one aim between now and May…

Finishing 5th from bottom.

Everything else can be sorted over the Summer.
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

There is still time.

We need a new manager.

We need men, we need characters and we need leaders. We need to show a bit of fight and we need resilience.

The aim is clear, forget everything else, youth teams, cups, extended revenues. There should be one aim between now and May…

Agree with all that, i think the meeting is a week too late,but i guess it wasnt viable at such short notice,, ive gone quite on here as there's so much garbage flying around,especially from some newcomers,,,we need to be looking for old players that are bench warmers at the mo,who want a last chance at giving it a go,,,back four id keep,,no time to start trying to gell another group ,hicksey and sneds,,,keep tee ,although he hasnt warmed my cockells(only my opinion)keep the rest as squad members and a few old time has beens,,,and a nice brucey bonus if they keep us up
:notworthy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:24 am

Fourth from bottom should do it shouldn't it?

I think that the next five games need to yield at least eight points otherwise it will be extremely hard to contemplate avoiding relegation.
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

I thought it was 4 go down, Dave? I hope I’m wrong and it is 3!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I could be totally wrong but isn't it 2 down and the third from bottom in a playoff.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I dont think it’s difficult to gauge the fanbase’s thoughts on what we should be doing. I agree that the meeting should have been sooner but I feel the decision to install a new manager doesnt need to wait til we have the EMG and then decide and then decide on the approach and then vote on the decision and then vote on whether the vote was the right way forward. 2 HUGE games at home, the past week was the opportunity to do this. Casual appointment to the board to make 6 and make the call. Weeks are going by, there are only a set amount of games left. It has to be now.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:24 am
ChappoC wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 3:52 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:44 pm

Maybe both are true?
I did consider that but then I thought if the coaching badge is so important - you would have rejected him before even looking at his style of play.

Ridiculous if it is any of those reasons though, as SRJFC says implementing a style of play on a team with 2 training sessions a week is an unrealistic dream, more so when you consider these are players that have jobs or studies during the day and since we have been in the relegation zone all season we are now in what Premier League clubs call 'Allardyce time' as in we can't afford to play pretty footy, we just need to get points on the board and if that means serving up ugly footy, I will have a large portion please.
You can’t call two people liars, say they reflect badly on the fan base and then back track like that!

I’ve done my fair share of reflecting our fan base badly over the years, questioning the two previous managerial decisions is not one of them. You’re also suggesting I have anti-board feelings, again not true, but I won’t call you a liar for it. I’m very appreciative of all board members, past and present for what they do for our club. I think there has been a clash of personalities at board level, I think there is a huge gap between board and fans. And I’ll air my thoughts to the relevant people, in person. Not on a public forum. However, one thing I am willing to question in public is the footballing decisions at the club. You get the footballing decisions right first team) and everything becomes easier to manage. We haven’t done that recently.

I do however, completely agree with your Big Sam analogy.

There is still time.

We need a new manager.

Exactly this!
Biggles
Been Liked: 25 times

Post by Biggles »

I don't think the current board of 5 cannot do anything as they have no authority to sack anybody or hire anybody and also most constitutions usually state so many days have to pass from when an EGM is called to when it is held to allow members to pose questions etc.

I;m afraid i think we are hampered by our own Club constitution and on what is allowed and frankly of those left on the board really want to make any decisions that will gt them shot down if they do something which doesn't fit well with some of the fan base.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 32
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

TwinkleToesTomlin wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 1:09 pm I thought it was 4 go down, Dave? I hope I’m wrong and it is 3!
I'm 99.9% sure it is 4 relegated automatically with no playoff. The 'Premier Division Central' table on the below link would seem to confirm this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022%E2%8 ... all_League
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I was going on this from the Southern league website

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 22/2023/P/