Lost [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Re: [ Sat 22nd Oct ] v Mickleover FC, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by Trek »

The club will not survive at Step 3 level this season unless it shows a sensible level of pragmatism with it’s next managerial appointment and ditches the idea that we can be a Football CV outfit.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

AFCRDTV interview Richard Maxwell

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

2-0 but you don't have to have been there to know that 2-0 flattered us, listening to Radio diamonds it was all Mickleover pretty much throughout apart from maybe the last 20 minutes, again completely toothless in attack against a team that has been vulnerable defensively this season (their first clean sheet all season).

Said it in an earlier post, but again, it is very difficult to feel hopeful of our chances of staying up, the board have effectively doomed us by appointing Maxwell, it's like we've given up on staying up at this level and are now just using the first team as a chance to develop youth players. I'm all for bringing youth through of course, but that should never come at the expense of the success of the first team.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

Brownie wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:08 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:43 pm Chris Nunn was clearly best applicant for manager but just because he does not have UEFA B coaching he was rejected at first ballot. The best managers are often those who can motivate and find gems in lower leagues, ie Andy Peaks. Does Peaks have UEFA badge?
Was Nunny not rejected in favour of Burge?? If so that was the mistake as he wasn’t even managing at the time. Ignored a tried, trusted and very respected local manager of the required level on a wing and a prayer hopeful an ex player could be successful. I’m sure we all wanted Burge to succeed but I’m sure most were fairly sure he wouldn’t.
i went to the arsenal game on thursday,,,,,i was sitting on the train ,talking all things diamonds with my son,,,,a voice chirped up "i guess you are rushden and diamonds fans" he introduced himsef....."im the manager of kempston,,,,Chris Nunn" ,,,,, i told him he was the talk of the diamonds,,we had a long chat about the goings on at diamonds,,the main thing he said was we are running out of time/games,,,hes a quality chap,he spoke about the vests,diets,young talent,tactics,,,he lost me with some of his talk about how to play the game,but my lad said he certainly knows what he was on about.some of the conversation was an eye opener,he wanted the job,and kind of still does,he gets my vote :joy:
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:17 am Another 90 anxious minutes to endure today? Mickleover have signed several new players lately and won 5 - 2 at Barwell. They have no problem scoring goals but do concede as well. 22 both for and against in just 10 games. I predict we will have a goal rush and score at least one! Trouble is just how many will they score.
You guessed wrong lol . We did though manage to scupper up a shot on target in the 89th
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Chris Nunn applied last February but wasn’t interviewed. Burge was appointed over another young manager, Lee Attenborough, who was available after leaving Loughborough Dynamo last November where he had been quite successful for about 4 years at Step 4 level. He joined Corby Town as manager last May.
therushden
Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by therushden »

diamondsteve wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:31 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 9:17 am Another 90 anxious minutes to endure today? Mickleover have signed several new players lately and won 5 - 2 at Barwell. They have no problem scoring goals but do concede as well. 22 both for and against in just 10 games. I predict we will have a goal rush and score at least one! Trouble is just how many will they score.
You guessed wrong lol . We did though manage to scupper up a shot on target in the 89th
I'd left by then. I'd struggle to put any positives on today's game. Sneds is motm everytime.
Dale Roberts. England's number 1.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 50
Brownie
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Brownie »

discodunk wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:25 pm
Brownie wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 5:08 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 3:43 pm Chris Nunn was clearly best applicant for manager but just because he does not have UEFA B coaching he was rejected at first ballot. The best managers are often those who can motivate and find gems in lower leagues, ie Andy Peaks. Does Peaks have UEFA badge?
Was Nunny not rejected in favour of Burge?? If so that was the mistake as he wasn’t even managing at the time. Ignored a tried, trusted and very respected local manager of the required level on a wing and a prayer hopeful an ex player could be successful. I’m sure we all wanted Burge to succeed but I’m sure most were fairly sure he wouldn’t.
i went to the arsenal game on thursday,,,,,i was sitting on the train ,talking all things diamonds with my son,,,,a voice chirped up "i guess you are rushden and diamonds fans" he introduced himsef....."im the manager of kempston,,,,Chris Nunn" ,,,,, i told him he was the talk of the diamonds,,we had a long chat about the goings on at diamonds,,the main thing he said was we are running out of time/games,,,hes a quality chap,he spoke about the vests,diets,young talent,tactics,,,he lost me with some of his talk about how to play the game,but my lad said he certainly knows what he was on about.some of the conversation was an eye opener,he wanted the job,and kind of still does,he gets my vote :joy:
Yes to all of the above Dunk, loves football, knows football and is well known and liked within the game. If posts on here are correct (no reason to suggest otherwise) if he was not even interviewed in February then the decision to appoint Burgess was not only a total hearts over heads job but looks more ludicrous by the day.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Really hurts seeing the club in this mess. Honestly can't get my head around how anyone thought it was a good idea to give RM the job. EGM should of been sooner!!
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

First of all I've been told that Jesse Akubuine has left the club! More are unhappy.

Just for the record Andy Peaks has a Uefa B coaching badge.

Its absolutely ridiculous that Maxwell was appointed as manager in the first place. I repeat my earlier questions
1. Why was Maxwell allowed to put in a late application/
2. Why was Maxwell allowed to make a presentation on the evening of the vote to 7 board directors when the other applicants only saw 3 directors.
3. Did the board/interviewing panel stipulate that the new manager must have or was working towards a Uefa B coaching cert?
4. At the EGM, will the members get the chance to vote on the boards decision to appoint Maxwell? ie to get rid of him?

Obviously, board members are free to vote for whoever they want to but I have to say that i am speechless that anybody let alone 4 directors voted for Maxwell! Its also incredible that not one director voted against Maxwell in either of the first 2 rounds and yet 4 out of the 7 voted against Chris Nunn in round 1!!!

Could this be that Maxwell had the job sewn up before a single vote was cast!