A Call For An End To The Mind Games

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

A Call For An End To The Mind Games

Post by NN10-Nige »

Last week I spoke about one of the issues being people who make claims but don't add context.

The example I used was The pressman, he drops hints that something toxic is happening at the club but doesn't say what or who.

We all claim that we want what is best for the club - but if you know something is not right or people representing the club are not acting in the right way - dropping hints doesn't fix it.

Dropping hints just causes speculation and can lead to the wrong people being assumed as bad eggs, meanwhile the problem continues and can become bigger.

Here are some examples of cryptic messages - which do not help...

I'm guessing this Tweet on Sunday was a hint that he's quit...

This one is probably a sign that things are going to get worse...

The reference to the forum is intriguing on this one...

Is it time for everyone to grow up and start acting like adults?

If someone knows something is not right, they should speak up, if what they are saying is true then nothing should prevent them from speaking their truth.

If they do genuinely want what is best for the club - they should want the issues or concerns that they have dealing with swiftly.

If someone has 'gone low' and you are dropping hints and posting cryptic messages - you are 'going low' too and will end up being thought of as the trouble maker.

Quit the mind games and start being honest before everything the club has achieved in the past 10 years gets hidden under the growing toxicity.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: A Call For An End To The Mind Games

Post by corby diamond »

Whilst i agree NN10 Nige, by you copying and pasting Twitter content which maybe a good few of our fanbase don’t see then that would seem to stir the pot?? And before you say everyone would see it, I ain’t on Facebook, so no not everyone is on social media platforms..
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

To NN10 Nige - I will say a lot more at the EGM don't you worry!!

By the way, NN10 Nige which one of you and/or Homeandaway is Richard Maxwell in disguise?
AFCRDHome&Away
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Post by AFCRDHome&Away »

The pressman wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:32 am To NN10 Nige - I will say a lot more at the EGM don't you worry!!

By the way, NN10 Nige which one of you and/or Homeandaway is Richard Maxwell in disguise?

Hi Pressman,

Hope you're having a good Tuesday!

I can assure you I am NOT Richard Maxwell or any other person playing a character. It's a sorry sight to have this accusation but I guess it's understandable when I have posed opposite opinions to others, however I've just tried to remain positivity and optimistic and I've never been fully deluded and have had considerable doubt, with this being said after every that has come out in the recent days/weeks even I'm getting to my whits end with it!

I hope to see plenty of numbers at meeting! Have a fantastic evening folks, except AFCRDPete