Lost [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Olly »

To be fair I thought we actually defended pretty well today andcgreat to see Evan back who did well, yes Redditch were undoubtedly the better side throughout, but didn't think they troubled us too much in the first hour, if it hadn't been for a calamitous mistake and a silly miscommunication at the back we might have nicked a point.

But of course, the issue is attack which is still a massive issue, even with Tee and Ngwa on we weren't creating much, but without them we are utterly hopeless, it's embarrassing. Was Ngwa injured? Cause otherwise taking him off for Connor made no sense. As we keep saying, a big centre forward is an absolute must, Hines probably wasn't good enough for this level, but I still would have given him more of a chance, Mig and Jensen have talent for sure, but just get eaten alive most of the time by these big centre backs and playing long balls to them is pointless. But a whole new attack is needed really.

Maxwell's main job this week is make signings, there is no chance this current team can keep us up, no chance.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

I only followed on twitter and there was not one mention of a shot. Is that correct?
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:16 pm To be fair I thought we actually defended pretty well today andcgreat to see Evan back who did well, yes Redditch were undoubtedly the better side throughout, but didn't think they troubled us too much in the first hour, if it hadn't been for a calamitous mistake and a silly miscommunication at the back we might have nicked a point.

But of course, the issue is attack which is still a massive issue, even with Tee and Ngwa on we weren't creating much, but without them we are utterly hopeless, it's embarrassing. Was Ngwa injured? Cause otherwise taking him off for Connor made no sense. As we keep saying, a big centre forward is an absolute must, Hines probably wasn't good enough for this level, but I still would have given him more of a chance, Mig and Jensen have talent for sure, but just get eaten alive most of the time by these big centre backs and playing long balls to them is pointless. But a whole new attack is needed really.

Maxwell's main job this week is make signings, there is no chance this current team can keep us up, no chance.
I may be totally wrong but where do you see the signings coming from for a manager who has never managed at anywhere near this level and I’m guessing limited contacts apart from what he sees at U23 in the Northants combo. If we are looking for players from that level I can go round the pubs tonight and grab a few players.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:19 pm I only followed on twitter and there was not one mention of a shot. Is that correct?
I listened on the commentary and I don’t think we did , anyone at the game know?

I would put money on us having less than 10 shots ON target this season so far . Anyone again know?
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 103 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:29 pm
We lost because of 2 huge defensive mistakes. I saw a comment that Redditch were much better than us. I disagree, I thought they looked just as toothless as we did and for 70 minutes we were cancelling each other out. Given the options at the manager's disposal I thought we looked solid enough defensively which was a positive but at the other end - to be expected if we can't get Ngwa in to the game for whatever reason - we look hopeless. Likewise the midfield was weak today and gave the ball away too frequently.
Agree 100% with this part of your post. Saved me posting what would have been an identical opinion.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
AFCRDPete2011
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by AFCRDPete2011 »

AFCRDHome&Away wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:39 pm Been reading some of the replies in here and I have to say I am slightly surprised with the lack of patience and empathy for our new manager!

We all knew coming off last weeks heavy defeat that todays game was about resilience and courage. Now although we suffered a 2-0 defeat I think there is some positives to take from the game, however the feeling of losing again will drown those positives out...

We all know some bigger clubs such as Chelsea have adopted the 'hire and fire' approach and have seen some great success these past 2 decades, however we cannot let this mentality slip into our club by a few individuals. Unfortunately we are in a position where we simply need to trust those in charge to make the difference and turn things around. We cannot afford to keep firing managers left right and centre until we find a manager who leads us to great things, especially in a season where we are struggling already! The constant change of management would only have a terrible effect on the players, backroom staff, and the club (including fans ofc).

Some years ago I actually had the pleasure of meeting Maxwell in a local pub where we shared a pint each and discussed all things football! I was unsurprisingly amazed how passionate the man is for the club and he showed good understanding on how to manage a football team. From this I always knew in the back of my mind that if one day Maxwell got the opportunity to manage us I would full faith that he could progress the team! Not only has he taken the job under stressful times but he's already shown improvement 2 games in!!!

We can only go upwards from here and I look forward to each game we play because we are going to slowly find our feet and play some Maxwell ball.

I cannot wait for Maxwell to silence the haters and some trolls (AFCRDPete) and gain some popularity.

Have a good Saturday folks!
What on EARTH am I reading? Comparing diamonds to Chelsea? Is everyone at the club slowly losing their minds 1 by 1? Don’t know who you are but how can you accuse me specifically of being a troll when you have posted some of the most ludicrous stuff on this entire forum in this post!

I only just joined this forum to vent my frustration surrounding the club recently, but it’s actually increasing it? Very worrying times indeed.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 33 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

fentiger79 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:19 pm I only followed on twitter and there was not one mention of a shot. Is that correct?
The keeper didn't have to make a telling save. You've got no chance of getting many goals with a young cooper up top on his own. He's not experienced enough, you are also asking the impossible. Like some have already mentioned, the decision to take ngwa off was a crazy one, as we did look to cause problems with his pace and the lad is starting to get better each game. The Connor lad on loan from cobblers, either doesn't want to be here or is totally useless as he offers little to nothing when on the field. I take it that richard-noel return to K*ttering after his solo appearance? Nobody really knows :hmmm:
AndyKirkup
Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by AndyKirkup »

AFCRDHome&Away wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:39 pm Been reading some of the replies in here and I have to say I am slightly surprised with the lack of patience and empathy for our new manager!

We all knew coming off last weeks heavy defeat that todays game was about resilience and courage. Now although we suffered a 2-0 defeat I think there is some positives to take from the game, however the feeling of losing again will drown those positives out...

We all know some bigger clubs such as Chelsea have adopted the 'hire and fire' approach and have seen some great success these past 2 decades, however we cannot let this mentality slip into our club by a few individuals. Unfortunately we are in a position where we simply need to trust those in charge to make the difference and turn things around. We cannot afford to keep firing managers left right and centre until we find a manager who leads us to great things, especially in a season where we are struggling already! The constant change of management would only have a terrible effect on the players, backroom staff, and the club (including fans ofc).

Some years ago I actually had the pleasure of meeting Maxwell in a local pub where we shared a pint each and discussed all things football! I was unsurprisingly amazed how passionate the man is for the club and he showed good understanding on how to manage a football team. From this I always knew in the back of my mind that if one day Maxwell got the opportunity to manage us I would full faith that he could progress the team! Not only has he taken the job under stressful times but he's already shown improvement 2 games in!!!

We can only go upwards from here and I look forward to each game we play because we are going to slowly find our feet and play some Maxwell ball.

I cannot wait for Maxwell to silence the haters and some trolls (AFCRDPete) and gain some popularity.

Have a good Saturday folks!
Oh dear. I think we have reached a new low.

To my mind, there is only one person in the world who could possibly be the author of this post.

I hope I'm wrong.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I think a few “new” fans are posting.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 45 times

Post by gibston »

Olly wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:16 pm To be fair I thought we actually defended pretty well today andcgreat to see Evan back who did well, yes Redditch were undoubtedly the better side throughout, but didn't think they troubled us too much in the first hour, if it hadn't been for a calamitous mistake and a silly miscommunication at the back we might have nicked a point.

3. 7 dayers gone in.

1 at Roade
1 at Spartans
1 at windmill.

Deluded people