Lost [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRDPete2011
Been Liked: 5 times

Re: [ Sat 15th Oct ] v Redditch Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by AFCRDPete2011 »

Absolute disgrace, everything the fans have been saying was right!! Against my better judgment, I thought I’d give the team the chance today to see if the hype of some people on here was going to be lived up to - That was absolutely not ‘fun’ at all! No passion, no aggression, sealed the relegation warrant on Thursday. We’re a shambles and nowhere near good enough. Maxwell has to go, and he can take his number 2 (which I’ve read dodgy things about btw - how is he allowed near the club?) with him, along with everyone on the board who voted for this!!!
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Very unlucky again today, down to fine margins really, we did create some good chances and again to keep a clean sheet in the first half shows we have come on leaps and bounds, belief is flowing back into the defence, Redditch are in the top half of the table so it was always going to be tough.

I don't know what Richard Maxwell eats for breakfast but the way he has got this team playing football again is nothing short of magical, the positivity he has installed back into the team is there for all to see, I don't mind losing if we see clear signs of improvement and effort, he really does seem to know how to get the team fired up, if we were playing this game 4 weeks ago we would have lost 5-1.

We can dust ourselves down and go again, the future is looking bight.
COYD's
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

Which one is right of the above two posts?!!!
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

NN10 Nige, you don’t half spew some sh1t on here.. do you ever have a day off??

So bunga kicks air and a backwards pass don’t reach snedker and the team are playing magical??

Get a grip
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:23 pm Which one is right of the above two posts?!!!
Neither.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Sid
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Sid »

You are deluded NN10 Nige if you think we were unlucky, they were way better than us.
If it's true that a UEFA B qualification is necessary to be allowed Football League loanees, and that Maxwell was the only applicant with one, then the board has obviously decided on its priorities.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member - 101
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Bunga was motm on Tuesday night ,makes a mistake today it happens at this level . We need to score goals is our main problem now (joint bottom scorers) . We need to take the pressure off. We need goals now goals goals goals let’s make the opposition’s defence worry
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Dear Board. Let’s forgot the last few days and make a calm rational plea. It’s not too late, it’s really not too late to make the decisions that are clearly needed to keep us in this division. It’s not too late to keep the quality players we have before other clubs come sniffing as they are fed up. It’s not too late to bring someone in with experience and contacts for this league. It’s not too late. It’s not Richard Maxwell’s fault, of course he wants the job and took it, wouldn’t everyone of us who loves the club and was in the position to do it do the same. Take a look at the table, it’s not too late. Listen to the majority of the fans, it’s really not too late. We can climb the table with some tough decisions, it’s……………. You get the idea. In a month or two it may well be too late. Make the tough decision, you can even use the excuse that Maxwell was never the permanent manager as confusing as the statement was (even though we know that’s the case). Bring everyone together and let’s fight this and stay in the division.
NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

BartonRaz wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:29 pm
Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:23 pm Which one is right of the above two posts?!!!
Neither.
I disagree,
Was there an improvement in today's performance? yes there were, we didn't concede 4, nor 5, nor 6, nor 7.
Was it an improvement to get to half time without conceding a goal? yes.
Do the team appear to be playing for this manager? yes.

We may have lost but it was better than what we have previously been seeing and we conceded less goals.
NN10-Nige

Post by NN10-Nige »

corby diamond wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:28 pm NN10 Nige, you don’t half spew some sh1t on here.. do you ever have a day off??

So bunga kicks air and a backwards pass don’t reach snedker and the team are playing magical??

Get a grip
You are talking about one passage of play.

I am talking about the events of the whole 90 minutes.