Richard Maxwell Appointed Manager

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: Richard Maxwell Appointed Manager

Post by fentiger79 »

When a manager leaves of course players play better, they are trying to keep themselves in the team/club when a new manager comes in.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Who else could we have realistically got in at such short notice. If we wanted experience, then they would have had to of been unattached as surely pricing away the likes of Chris Nunn would have brought along some sort of compensation fee. I think that Maxwell has been given a chance, to see what he can do. It may or may not be the right appointment, but like Burgess I'll be behind the team in all capacities for my club. Whether people like it or not he's been given the job, but I hope people won't stay away just because or this surely no true fan wants the club to die like the old one. Another big game on Sat, let's hope thus is another fun time!
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I think by checking over the various social media outlets there will be quite a few staying away.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

AFC Rushden & Diamonds wrote:Thu Oct 13, 2022 8:30 pm
Richard has stepped down from his role on the Board of the Club to focus purely on leading the senior team.

If Richard Maxwell is nasty and toxic like people are saying... him being off the board should be a bit of good news for them as it's easier to get rid of a manager than it is to get rid of a board member.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

Around 5 games ago we were nearly all saying that we can’t leave a change much longer as we need someone with a bit of experience to save us from relegation as we couldn’t leave it much longer. We all said when Burge went it was the right time as we needed someone who had the experience and the contacts. So from our amazing decision making we give the job to someone with no experience and I’m sure not enough contacts.how can anyone based on the facts mentioned above think that giving the job to someone with no experience and contacts is the correct choice. If you do and you slated Burge or the club previously you should be apologising to them as you have just gone against everything that was said.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Yes Tuesday was great, but let's not pretend it wasn't without a lot of luck and a feel good atmosphere in the team and fans common with a club that has just got rid of an unsuccessful manager. The youngsters were fantastic yes, but I'm sorry, but they are not going to keep us in this league unless Maxwell is a literal miracle maker, we desperately need experience in the squad and clearly needed someone that has at the very least the contacts to maybe get in some half decent step 4 players, does Maxwell have the contacts to get players that aren't in our academy structure in, I'm guessing not?

Even Putting aside the issues people have with the guy, it's an underwhelming appointment and a gamble and based on a couple of games at a time where we cannot afford to make another bad managerial choice. Seems a lot is wrong at the club currently.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

Like a lot have said, I’m scratching my head on how a manager can be recruited after one win? Absolutely dumfounded?? I dread to think of the backlash come Saturday because I can’t see it being twice lucky. I’ve only been to one game this season and that was the shit show against Coalville. I ain’t sure about this appointment one bit.
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I’m lost for words, that’s all I can say.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

There are people on Twitter commenting on the orginal announcment by the club asking if Richard will have to leave his role on the board etc.

Have they not even read the full announcemnt on the club website? it states that he is stepping down from his role on the board.

The statement mentions who he will be working alongside so it's worth a read.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

And you think that’s ok that as he has now stepped down. The statement released from the club is an embarrassment. The more I have read it the worse it sounds.