Former Players

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Re: Former Players

Post by BartonRaz »

GreekDiamond wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:13 pm Hughes is not fast enough to be left back. If we played the same formation my preferred 3 centre halves would be Evan, Bunga and the young Dante Grey.

Hughes may have scored but spent a lot of the game hoofing the ball up to no one. Evan is much calmer. Black can stay LB for now unless we bring in a natural and more permanent person for that position. Eniola has been a bit of a weakness at RB but may be transformed under this new system we’ll have to see what happens there imo
I actually think the wing-back role would suit both Eniola and Lashley far better than the full-back position. Both have looked decent going forward but looked the opposite defensively.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
TwinkleToesTomlin
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by TwinkleToesTomlin »

It’s not rocket science is it Raz? Some people!
A true outlaw finds the balance between the passion in his heart and the reason in his mind. The outcome is the balance of might and right.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

We can now add Paddy Casey to the list of former players.

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/paddy-casey ... -the-club/
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Post by fentiger79 »

So Paddy fell out with Burge and now he has gone why didn’t Paddy want to come back? I wonder.
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I genuinely fear that we may not have many senior players in a couple of weeks.
mattparker
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 31 times

Post by mattparker »

BartonRaz wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 8:18 am We can now add Paddy Casey to the list of former players.

https://www.afcdiamonds.com/paddy-casey ... -the-club/
First Will Jones and now Paddy, 2 contracted players who have left without any of the supposed compensation. The news story says we are not entitled because of FA rules. Surely the contract is put in place adheres to those rules?
fentiger79

Post by fentiger79 »

I did think that was strange that we wouldn’t get anything.
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

I'm not certain but I reckon a transfer fee/compensation would only kick in if the player went higher up the pyramid.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I never expected Paddy to come back. He witnessed the whole team get ripped apart over the summer, and had a face like a smacked arse when the season began.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

Head and shoulders above anybody last season for consistency for me. Top player, fantastic potential and a glowing indictment of our academy structure.

Absolutely threw in the towel while wearing the shirt this year, completely unacceptable. I get your pissed off with the manager, or the club or the fact that Peaks won't pay the money to take you to Tamworth, but once you cross the white line, still give it your best. Paddy didn't do that.

Gutted how it's played out, and shows that the time and investment into our academy and bringing through our own players can be manipulated, but don't ever want to see players represent the club who won't try. Good riddance. He'll be at Tamworth next season