Won [ Tue 11th Oct ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Tue 11th Oct ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by diamondsteve »

diamondsteve wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 7:09 am
Pigman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:54 pm Totally agree with all of that - this Forum has become such a toxic place these last few weeks, the only way we get out of the shite we’re in is to get behind the board, the management and the players - some people here seem to have very negative and destructive thoughts, dare I say it, agendas, and see this forum as the place to vent them.

I just want a win, a 1-0 off someone’s arse will do, just a win!
I like your recent optimism.Don’t for one second think it’s us the fans fault . We all know why it’s getting like this.

I will be there tonight but don’t be surprised at 10pm to find a negative toxic place again.

But it’s ok we are all going to have fun tonight……..
Well well well I think I jinxed it for us lol.

God knows how the lads managed to pull that out of the bag! Somethings obviously change with their mindset . We defended like our life’s depended on it. New manger expected this week ready for Sat bring it on !!!
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

Well that was performance that we'd all been crying out for and a very good result against second in the table. I for one never seen that coming, but a change in formation, a bit of beleif and some raw talent thrown in, pulled off a superb victory. Big mention to the youngsters that have been brought in, pinto-leite, grey, cordon. Those lads were brilliant all game and Dawkins did well when he came on and almost scored. Hughes, hicks, cooper, black had their best games of the season so far, which certainly helped us get over the line. Also a big mention to bunga who's cone into the side and rallied the team and crowd. Just what we needed. Almost burgesses final gift the the team. We've all got to believe that we can turn the season around now as I was definatly losing the faith.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

So much I could say after that. So pleased for Maxwell who has had to put up with incessant grief from all angles, some of it out of order and from people i once had a lot of respect for. Regardless of your thoughts on him and the decision to put him in this role, there can be no denying that in 1 week he's got a tune out of a group of players I didn't know had a tune to give.

On the pitch we looked like a united team, a team with a game plan and belief. We rode our luck but Nuneaton could have gone top with a win, a bombardment is the least we expected although it didn't come until the last 20 minutes.

Some of the young lads were unbelievable. Almost unfair to single specific players out but Cordon so composed in midfield and the lad Dante at the back, considering his age and lack of experience at this level, I thought was absolutely superb. Bunga dragged the lads through it by constantly talking.

Those staying at home intentionally, more fool you. You really should have been there tonight, it was fun.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
real diamond
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by real diamond »

Exactly that - Barton Raz post is spot on!

Some very poor posts in here recently and by people who should know better.

Excellent night for all connected with the club over recent weeks.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Really happy with that, getting to half time without conceding a goal was important for the players.

You look at the effort put in by those players tonight - I said before those players are not playing for Andy Burgess and I was on the money with that opinion - the evidence of that was laid bare tonight, tonight those players showed fighting spirit and in front of the home crowd, well done players and staff.

It's ironic that Burgess showed lack of respect for Dolman and Collard - yet those players tonight proved they didn't respect Burge, I recenty learnt that Burge has a book coming out soon which he will be talking about the AFC Diamonds chapter, you have to wonder if he came across as one of those 'I'm a legend' types in the dressing room because you don't get many League 2 / Conference players writing books.

I know some fans have written off a lot of these players as not being good enough - but I think all the players should be judged on their performances since Burgess left and in a team that has gone back to basics - this way we can judge them on their true ability.

Ex Leicester City youngster Kartell Dawkins made his debut tonight.

It's only one game of course, we all got excited about beating Barwell and ended up looking foolish days later as were sent back down to earth like a shooting star, but it is something to build upon,

Nobody was expecting us to get 3 points tonight against a top 5 side, credit where it's due tonight, Richard Maxwell has made the new managers job a bit easier.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

AFCRDTV post match interviews

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

I know we mocked him for the comment, even Nuneatons twitter took the piss... but that actually was quite a fun night! Incredible result and incredible performance from what must be one of the youngest teams any Diamonds side has fielded in a league game.

Only second team to beat Nuneaton this season in the league and first since the opening day, yes we really got lucky with their missed chances at the end and the second goal but we were due some luck after the rotten couple of months we've had and our lads deserved that. We'll done to Richard Maxwell as well for getting this result, despite his critics. Oh and Hamilton Bunga, what a great signing, just what we need at the back and it is good to see someone come in and already take a bit of a leadership role, really promising.

Huge 3 points, off the bottom and only 3 points off safety looks a bit more hopeful than before. Another incredibly tough game at the weekend, but hopefully we can emulate the spirit of tonight and with a new manager!
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I was debating whether or not to go to the game as I’m feeling under the weather, but so so glad I ended up going!

Such a great performance from every single player, would we have got that kind of performance if Andy Burgess was still here? I honestly don’t think so.

The scenes at the end with fans and players celebrating together was wonderful to see, and the De Banke in good voice, especially in the second half. Hopefully the team can keep the momentum going on Saturday.

Missed that feeling of a win while walking out of the ground!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
paulg

Post by paulg »

Superb performance right throughout the team. Well done to the players and all those behind the scenes who helped produce that performance. All the lads had a fantastic attitude, looked well drilled and prepared, and the co-ordination between them all night was excellent.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham's report