Won [ Tue 11th Oct ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Pigman
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 35 times

Re: [ Tue 11th Oct ] v Nuneaton Borough, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Pigman »

Who should be our caretaker manager then? Everyone is piling on the board and Richard Maxwell, saw someone even say Tim Dudding last week, he was always going to be in Tamworth’s dugout!

This is a short term fix, everyone wants Burge gone, hopefully a new manager will be in soon - just curious who people would have dropped in the hot seat short term, 2-3 games max?
RIP Dale Roberts - gone, but never forgotten !!
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Membership No. 51
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 108 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Pigman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:54 pm Who should be our caretaker manager then? Everyone is piling on the board and Richard Maxwell, saw someone even say Tim Dudding last week, he was always going to be in Tamworth’s dugout!

This is a short term fix, everyone wants Burge gone, hopefully a new manager will be in soon - just curious who people would have dropped in the hot seat short term, 2-3 games max?
I was expecting it to be Chris Wilmott but seems he’s departed.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

I sat with my head in my hands after the game at Hednesford contemplating this - and tried to think of someone qualified to do it because it was obvious Burge had to go - I’ve watched a few of the U23s games this year and have been impressed so I immediately thought of him - I can’t think of anyone else at the club that could do it? Yes he’s on the board, and I totally agree that the board and team operations need to be kept apart, but given the exceptional situation I personally thought it was the only move they could make! I seem to be in the minority here!
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 145 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Pigman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:09 pm I sat with my head in my hands after the game at Hednesford contemplating this - and tried to think of someone qualified to do it because it was obvious Burge had to go - I’ve watched a few of the U23s games this year and have been impressed so I immediately thought of him - I can’t think of anyone else at the club that could do it? Yes he’s on the board, and I totally agree that the board and team operations need to be kept apart, but given the exceptional situation I personally thought it was the only move they could make! I seem to be in the minority here!
I'm joining you in that minority, Pigman. With the benefit of hindsight i think Wilmott and Wilmott alone would have been the better option but if he wasn't interested I'm really not sure where else we could have turned. It's not like we've got a Dolman in the squad any more that might have been prepared to step up in a time of need. We all know that this is temporary, we should be getting behind everyone associated with the first team at the moment because they certainly need it.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Pigman

Post by Pigman »

Totally agree with all of that - this Forum has become such a toxic place these last few weeks, the only way we get out of the shite we’re in is to get behind the board, the management and the players - some people here seem to have very negative and destructive thoughts, dare I say it, agendas, and see this forum as the place to vent them.

I just want a win, a 1-0 off someone’s arse will do, just a win!
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

discodunk wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 5:31 pm kevin wilkin to telford ,,so it aint him

Bit of a step down that, he should have held out for a little longer, I'm sure a Conference Premier club would have took a punt on him,
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 158 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Pigman wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:54 pm Totally agree with all of that - this Forum has become such a toxic place these last few weeks, the only way we get out of the shite we’re in is to get behind the board, the management and the players - some people here seem to have very negative and destructive thoughts, dare I say it, agendas, and see this forum as the place to vent them.

I just want a win, a 1-0 off someone’s arse will do, just a win!
I like your recent optimism.Don’t for one second think it’s us the fans fault . We all know why it’s getting like this.

I will be there tonight but don’t be surprised at 10pm to find a negative toxic place again.

But it’s ok we are all going to have fun tonight……..
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

Until we get a new manager on board, and they have managed to bring a significant number of Step 3 quality players in, using their contacts, reputation and status in the game, it won't really matter who is in temporary charge.

We are now down to two players who played in the corresponding game against Boro in the last game of last season, and so I think the fans have every right to voice some concerns over what has happened since Andy Peaks was offered the role at Tamworth.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »