Lost [ Tue 20th Sep ] v Stamford AFC, KO 7:45pm FRIENDLY AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Re: [ Tue 20th Sep ] v Stamford AFC, KO 7:45pm FRIENDLY AWAY

Post by bozzer »

discodunk wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:23 pm
bozzer wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:25 pm Surely it is a good thing, he’s identified someone who has experience and knows the level, something everyone has said our manager lacks, he’s identified the weakness and looked to solve it.
all well and good,theres nearly as many managment / staff as players,,,,,whos paying them!!! :shock:
Burge, Chris , Martin and the new guy

Compared to, Peaksy, Chanps, Chappers, Biff, Roisin.

I suppose if you are comparing the earlier days of Peaksy, Lamby, Biff and Kelly then we have the same number.!

Cmon now I know it’s a fun sport to hammer Burge on here but maybe occasionally let’s get some facts in the way!
AFC R&D Member No. 67
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

We also have goalkeeper coach, Nigel.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Fair point bozzer.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

YoungDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:25 pm Guy Hadland, Ex Barwell manager.
Guy played a bug part in getting Nuneaton Borough back up the league's, I have just spent an hour looking through his interviews and he seems very knowledgeable, there were no 'not crying my eyes out over losing a vital player' comments, so if his influence can learn Burgess to be respectful that will be something good, although if someone over 20 needs to be taught how to be respectful I don't hold much hope.

Would Guy be interested in becoming manager? Probably not, as he could have stayed at Barwell,

The doubt for me is that if the players aren't playing for Burge then brining Guy in won't change that, but that doesnt mean Guy isn't any good at his job though, when Burge is sacked if we start winning games with Guy as interim, we will learn more about whether it was a coaching problem or a personality problem.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 301 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

Wasn't Guy the other candidate the club interviewed??
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

NN10-Nige wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:33 pm
YoungDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:25 pm Guy Hadland, Ex Barwell manager.
Guy played a bug part in getting Nuneaton Borough back up the league's, I have just spent an hour looking through his interviews and he seems very knowledgeable, there were no 'not crying my eyes out over losing a vital player' comments, so if his influence can learn Burgess to be respectful that will be something good, although if someone over 20 needs to be taught how to be respectful I don't hold much hope.

Would Guy be interested in becoming manager? Probably not, as he could have stayed at Barwell,

The doubt for me is that if the players aren't playing for Burge then brining Guy in won't change that, but that doesnt mean Guy isn't any good at his job though, when Burge is sacked if we start winning games with Guy as interim, we will learn more about whether it was a coaching problem or a personality problem.
Yes just watched his interview on barwells YouTube vs Diamonds he comes across decent. Like I say he was very vocal on Tuesday night he even had a go at Stamford’s player for cheating (it was banter). Temporary it’s what we need right now but I think the poor squad building over the summer has hit us hard.

Up against his ex side on Saturday. Guy or Burg manager or joint if they can do it