Someone has to start it

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Re: Someone has to start it

Post by NN10-Nige »

I wonder if Andy Burgess is crying his eyes out at losing a couple of players now :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I bet Liam Dolman is having a little chuckle to himself.

The clubs twitter accy says... One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club - yet right now there is a division within the club and its fan base, not just in terms of what's happening on the pitch.

The club needs a reboot to get everyone pulling in the right direction, if there are people within the club causing division as The Pressman insinuated they must go so we can be proud of the club and how far we have come.

Andy Burgess vanished after the FA Cup game, if he was a fighter he would have been doing an interview saying the blame lays with me and I will fix it, instead he took the weak option and went missing... that type of character isn't going to motivate our players and pull this team out of trouble.

Time to go!

And take those daft GPS vests with you, stick them on eBay and keep the proceeds as a bit of compensation, only a dreamer would think GPS vests could benefit a part time football club.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

NN10-Nige wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:46 pm I wonder if Andy Burgess is crying his eyes out at losing a couple of players now :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I bet Liam Dolman is having a little chuckle to himself.

The clubs twitter accy says... One Fan, One Vote, One Community, One Club - yet right now there is a division within the club and its fan base, not just in terms of what's happening on the pitch.

The club needs a reboot to get everyone pulling in the right direction, if there are people within the club causing division as The Pressman insinuated they must go so we can be proud of the club and how far we have come.

Andy Burgess vanished after the FA Cup game, if he was a fighter he would have been doing an interview saying the blame lays with me and I will fix it, instead he took the weak option and went missing... that type of character isn't going to motivate our players and pull this team out of trouble.

Time to go!

And take those daft GPS vests with you, stick them on eBay and keep the proceeds as a bit of compensation, only a dreamer would think GPS vests could benefit a part time football club.
He was just “unavailable” after Enfield . That bs you’d manage to make 5min interview , hey 15min if we won.

Fossen in his halftime interview tonight mentioned that the fitness coach gets so involved with players that if they don’t do a physical job he gives them more stricter fitness & diet. And gprs vests tracks to see if they are complying.

I wonder if Paddy’s got that with Biff looooool
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Not surprised Paddy has gone to be honest.

Like I’ve said before', footballers at this level just want to football, they don’t want every part of their match performance to be analysed. I suspect Paddy felt that way, plus the squad we had with AP was a really tight knit group, he can’t have been happy seeing that group going their separate ways, was obviously very close to AP as well, and didn’t have the same relationship with Burge.

I was so positive when Burge was appointed, he said all the right things, which I was excited about seeing in action, but unfortunately seven months into the job and that hasn’t happened.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
davealbon
Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 51 times

Post by davealbon »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:38 amLike I’ve said before', footballers at this level just want to football, they don’t want every part of their match performance to be analysed.
I don't think that's necessarily true, certainly not for all players anyway. There are a lot of young players at this level who have come through academies at professional clubs, and harbour ambitions of getting back into the professional game.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds Member No. 297
YoungDiamond
Been Liked: 8 times

Post by YoungDiamond »

I would give Burge at least the next 3 league games and the FA Trophy. 10 days break before the next game too so there’s time to sign and release players as he said and also to work alongside the players in training to sort out our dreadful set pieces, offensively and defensively. I’d like to see Conor Tee playing centrally behind 2 strikers. Let’s see where we are in 4 games time, which includes 2 of the bottom 4 teams Barwell and Hednesford and the last hope of a cup run this season.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Just read this on Twitter
Mitch Austin anyone?
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

NN10-Nige wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:40 pm Just read this on Twitter
Mitch Austin anyone?
Why would he want to leave a club that attracts better players than what we do? :hehe:
Phil-the-Diamond
Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Phil-the-Diamond »

YoungDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:16 pm I would give Burge at least the next 3 league games and the FA Trophy. 10 days break before the next game too so there’s time to sign and release players as he said and also to work alongside the players in training to sort out our dreadful set pieces, offensively and defensively. I’d like to see Conor Tee playing centrally behind 2 strikers. Let’s see where we are in 4 games time, which includes 2 of the bottom 4 teams Barwell and Hednesford and the last hope of a cup run this season.
Hednesford have just appointed Steve Burr as manager - I think they might improve rapidly.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Phil-the-Diamond wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:51 pm
YoungDiamond wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:16 pm I would give Burge at least the next 3 league games and the FA Trophy. 10 days break before the next game too so there’s time to sign and release players as he said and also to work alongside the players in training to sort out our dreadful set pieces, offensively and defensively. I’d like to see Conor Tee playing centrally behind 2 strikers. Let’s see where we are in 4 games time, which includes 2 of the bottom 4 teams Barwell and Hednesford and the last hope of a cup run this season.
Hednesford have just appointed Steve Burr as manager - I think they might improve rapidly.
Yes, that's a really safe pair of hands. A club like Hednesford shouldn't be down there at the bottom of the league anyway so as you say, I'd expect them to improve pretty quickly with a man of his experience at the helm.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
SouthRushdenJFC
Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by SouthRushdenJFC »

TheIncognitoKid wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:34 pm
NN10-Nige wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:40 pm Just read this on Twitter
Mitch Austin anyone?
Why would he want to leave a club that attracts better players than what we do? :hehe:
He's also a massive arsehole