Match Postponed [ Sat 10th Sep ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
richardmax
Has Liked: 4 times

Re: [ Sat 10th Sep ] v Bromsgrove Sporting, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by richardmax »

The pressman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 am No I don't because as you should know that is not the right thing to do - and a good try on your part!

You will be pleased to know Scott that I am going to take a break from posting on here for the next couple of months. I'm going to try and be patient and give Matt Ward and his team a chance to sort out the mess we are in both on and off the field. Before you ask, that's the Academy, the first team, communication, communication, communication, man management and constant interference.

But before I leave this board for a while, a question for you Scott? You say there are no issues within your media team. Then why has one member been deleted from your whatsapp group due to differing views??????

see you in 2 months!
The “Troll” leaves.
:clapping:
Andrew
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Post by Andrew »

richardmax wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 4:24 pm
The pressman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 am No I don't because as you should know that is not the right thing to do - and a good try on your part!

You will be pleased to know Scott that I am going to take a break from posting on here for the next couple of months. I'm going to try and be patient and give Matt Ward and his team a chance to sort out the mess we are in both on and off the field. Before you ask, that's the Academy, the first team, communication, communication, communication, man management and constant interference.

But before I leave this board for a while, a question for you Scott? You say there are no issues within your media team. Then why has one member been deleted from your whatsapp group due to differing views??????

see you in 2 months!
The “Troll” leaves.
Blimey. I’m shocked. Usually they get blocked, not an emoji
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

see you in 2 months!
The “Troll” leaves.
Oh dear - perhaps an insight into the Boards views on both communication and the value of volunteers, given how much Pressman has excelled in both those categories for this club since the RDFC days.

Its never easy to criticise a club you support, but sometimes things have to be said about the focus and approach.
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Formic wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 7:26 am
The pressman wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 11:25 am see you in 2 months!
The “Troll” leaves.
Oh dear - perhaps an insight into the Boards views on both communication and the value of volunteers, given how much Pressman has excelled in both those categories for this club since the RDFC days.

Its never easy to criticise a club you support, but sometimes things have to be said about the focus and approach.
I echo these sentiments, there is an old saying in social media circles that as soon as someone starts name calling they have lost the argument, the fact someone is branding Pressman a troll is a laugh and a half, pathetic even.

Then you look at the reason for calling him a troll - simply because he said something critical relating to the club, people should realise that no person or organisation in the world is exempt from criticism, even charities get criticised.

Let's not Russiafy, North Koreafy, Trumpafy, Borisafy the board by trying to deflect from peoples points by branding them a troll or fake news, people can see right through that childish behaviour and it looks worse on them than it does on the person making the criticism.
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

I thought I'd bump this thread today.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Interesting behaviour from our new manager branding people trolls on a public fans forum, is what he'll do when fans criticise him as manager?
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
NN10-Nige
Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Post by NN10-Nige »

Olly wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:20 am Interesting behaviour from our new manager branding people trolls on a public fans forum, is what he'll do when fans criticise him as manager?
At least he did it with his own name though, he could have easily signed up with a false name and done it.
corby diamond
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by corby diamond »

NN10-Nige wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:58 pm
Olly wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 11:20 am Interesting behaviour from our new manager branding people trolls on a public fans forum, is what he'll do when fans criticise him as manager?
At least he did it with his own name though, he could have easily signed up with a false name and done it.
I didn’t actually realise that was the new boss.. hmm interesting take on the clubs fans.. he is becoming more dislikeable by the hour.. let’s hope he doesn’t disappoint you NN10 Nige, you seem very keen on his appointment
AFC Rushden and Diamonds Membership Number - 60
AFCRDPete2011
Been Liked: 5 times

Post by AFCRDPete2011 »

NN10-Nige wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 1:58 pm
New manager calls club volunteer a troll, but it’s ok because he was straight up about it! An interesting point to make - has the new boss got a mysterious hold on you as well? :hmmm:
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 101 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

Reminds me of a similar situation at St Neots Town, and their old chairman, Mike something, can’t remember his surname. He was the admin of their supporters message board via their official website. He was garnering some criticism, so because of that, he decided to require that all the forum members register or re-register with their real names, no aliases were allowed, not saying that would ever happen here because this forum is in no way associated with the club, hence the unofficial forum that is stated, but that’s just another example of why it’s probably best for board members not to post on supporters forums, or at least limit their interactions. And before anyone says, yes I know there is current and previous board members on here, in my eyes they are/were good people.
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73