[ Tue 12th Jul ] v Loughborough Uni, KO 7:30pm PSF

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 86 times

Re: [ Tue 12th Jul ] v Loughborough Uni, KO 7:30pm PSF

Post by fentiger79 »

Sorry, I wasn’t aiming that at anyone in particular just a general feel that most have commented on. I most definitely agree that without the league rules they probably would have been approached last season. I think we need a statement signing and we must build excitement.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Jon Dunham chats with Andy Burgess ahead of the weekend match.

The pressman
Been Liked: 27 times

Post by The pressman »

BartonRaz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:43 pm
The pressman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:30 pm Burge has 24 days to get his squad right - so still time - but admittedly time is running out. I accept that he's had to rebuild the squad and that is no easy task when you appear not to have the type of contact book that Peaksy has.
You've been sent by Peaksy on a wind-up, surely.

Not sent by Peaksy, just getting a bit fed up with the seemingly constant references to Peaksy's perceived 'lack of contacts' which is most definitely not true! Apart from the 3 lads who have followed him to Tamworth, Peaksy has attracted players from the likes of Buxton, Halesowen, Hednesford and Yeovil. He appears to have put together a very promising squad.

Don't forget that Peaksy won us 2 promotions, got us to 2 play offs and also won cup finals. All of which was done on very low budgets. So rather than refer wrongly to his lack of contacts perhaps a more important question is what did the club do to try and keep him at Hayden Road?
discodunk
Been Liked: 15 times

Post by discodunk »

The pressman wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 7:40 pm
BartonRaz wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:43 pm
The pressman wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:30 pm Burge has 24 days to get his squad right - so still time - but admittedly time is running out. I accept that he's had to rebuild the squad and that is no easy task when you appear not to have the type of contact book that Peaksy has.
You've been sent by Peaksy on a wind-up, surely.

Not sent by Peaksy, just getting a bit fed up with the seemingly constant references to Peaksy's perceived 'lack of contacts' which is most definitely not true! Apart from the 3 lads who have followed him to Tamworth, Peaksy has attracted players from the likes of Buxton, Halesowen, Hednesford and Yeovil. He appears to have put together a very promising squad.

Don't forget that Peaksy won us 2 promotions, got us to 2 play offs and also won cup finals. All of which was done on very low budgets. So rather than refer wrongly to his lack of contacts perhaps a more important question is what did the club do to try and keep him at Hayden Road?
maybe the new chairman could tell us ?,,,,whoever he/she is,,,,,,and as for burge,"we have got to do this,we have got to do that,i know where the problems are" ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS !!
AFC RUSHDEN AND DIAMONDS MEMBERSHIP NUMBER-54
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Dazzler wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 2:00 pm Jon Dunham chats with Andy Burgess ahead of the weekend match.

John doesn’t chat anymore he just copy’s our YouTube interviews 😂😂
Formic
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Post by Formic »

StaceyH wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:11 pm
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:34 am
Tideishigh wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 7:09 am I would if we will have any new players announced today as I see Coalville signed another couple of players yesterday & would be perfect time to bed them in with 2 step 5 sides coming up in the next week
These could be significant fixtures. They require not just wins but comprehensive wins. Against Cogenhoe can we play trialists? As this is NFA Senior Cup can we only use registered players?
Yes, we can play registered, unregistered and Trialist players on Saturday. However, the players will be cup-tied and so, if they subsequently move to another club, they won’t be eligible to play in the HSC for that club.
Given the above it seems odd that we've been thrown out of the Hillier Cup. It's a bit disappointing that the Board have said they won't comment further - it would be good to know what we are up against in terms of those making the rules, especially when they chose to move it to a pre-season period.
Jazzy_10
Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 7 times

Post by Jazzy_10 »

Formic wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:15 am
sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:34 am

These could be significant fixtures. They require not just wins but comprehensive wins. Against Cogenhoe can we play trialists? As this is NFA Senior Cup can we only use registered players?
Yes, we can play registered, unregistered and Trialist players on Saturday. However, the players will be cup-tied and so, if they subsequently move to another club, they won’t be eligible to play in the HSC for that club.
Given the above it seems odd that we've been thrown out of the Hillier Cup. It's a bit disappointing that the Board have said they won't comment further - it would be good to know what we are up against in terms of those making the rules, especially when they chose to move it to a pre-season period.
Nice to know the board won't comment further. I thought fan-owned clubs have open & honest comms between the board and supporters?
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

Jazzy_10 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:52 am

Nice to know the board won't comment further. I thought fan-owned clubs have open & honest comms between the board and supporters?
Maybe it's worth asking on the members forum
AFC R&D Member No. 67
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

bozzer wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:32 pm
Jazzy_10 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:52 am

Maybe it's worth asking on the members forum
There are board members or friends of in this thread who can say. Dont need to be on members forum to sweep it under rug, plenty of PAYING fans who turn up week in week out on here who aint members.who deserve to no
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain
SimonHillington9
Has Liked: 2 times

Post by SimonHillington9 »

Hillier cup 1 chance for bit of rest bite this season. Break from league. 4 me was important we stayed in it
If you want the rainbow, youve got to put up with the rain