Lost [ Sat 13th Aug ] v Basford Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 58 times

Re: [ Sat 13th Aug ] v Basford Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

Predicting today's starting line up will be tricky. Will Fossen, Tee and Morgan WG all start. If so who do they replace. Fossen for Hughes, MWG for Akubine and Tee for Connor?
Dazzler
The Staff
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Andy Burgess spoke with AFCRDTV ahead of the match today

Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I don’t think we deserved to lose that, I was saying at 1-1 I thought we’d done ok, there was certainly improvement from last week Fossen with his hands absolutely full with Gregg Smith looked good and Connor Tee I think will be an absolute player. Some of our approach work today was very good indeed.
Another step forward we just need that older striker and I think we will compete with most teams, and our players will get better as they develop.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
GreekDiamond
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Post by GreekDiamond »

Didn’t deserve to lose, their penalty looked nothing like a penalty. Ngwa needs serious work on his crossing and shooting, I think he may work better as an impact sub against tired legs.

From just seeing him in his first game, Tee has to play every game. He’s pure quality, build the play around him.

Like Bozzer said, we need that established and quality striker, and we’ll start to look competitive.
gibston
Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 44 times

Post by gibston »

Gutted. Pen killed us (never a pen) as we were on top then and looking like the team to kick on,ref poor all game & made so many poor decisions (3 occasions he said my bad for not allowing us to play on after a foul! Conor Tee different class (said this wen he came on for Brackley against) if a player to get a conny it's him 100%. Very good player.

Yes sneds made a couple of good saves as did their keeper but the pen was a game changer,so frustrating!

Imo were not far off just lack a number 9 (bit like Greg smith) to give us that bit of experience & know how in final 3rd.

But on whole a solid team performance. 🤞 Courtney is ok
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

GreekDiamond wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:58 pm From just seeing him in his first game, Tee has to play every game. He’s pure quality, build the play around him.
He will spend 2 months ripping up the Southern League and then Brackley or Boston United will come in for him, to be fair to Burgess and the club we have done really well to get a player who has been on trial recently at a League 2 club to join a Southern League club, regardless of whether he stays for 1 month or 1 season if we as a club can help players enjoy the game and find their way back up the pyramid, that would be a reputation that bodes well for us in terms of free agents and loan signings without being a big hit on the budget.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

gibston wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:15 pm Imo were not far off just lack a number 9 (bit like Greg smith) to give us that bit of experience & know how in final 3rd.
Smith has done the rounds with Corby, Grantham and Stamford amongst his former clubs. We certainly need a frontman in the style of Russ Dunkley.
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV

Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

Great to hear positive reviews despite the result and that Conor Tee immediately lives up to the high praise he has ren receiving from South Shields fans on twitter. Looking forward to seeing him on Tuesday.

After everything in preseason and putting together an very young inexperienced team, to draw our first game and only narrowly losing the second game isn't too bad at all. Of course v early days and we will play better teams this season but at least we've been competitive, credit to Burge for managing that.

How did Fossen do today, must say I was surprised he went straight into the starting lineup having not played a proper match at all for us yet or in this country for a few years.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308