Lost [ Tue 16th Aug ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

[ Tue 16th Aug ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Match details

Dazzler
The Staff

Re: [ Tue 16th Aug ] v Hitchin Town, KO 7:45pm SLPDC HOME

Post by Dazzler »

<BUMP>
Dazzler
The Staff

Post by Dazzler »

Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

I cannae believe Dazzler is having to bump a match day thread, what's going on guys? where's everyone enthusiasm for the new season gone.

We have signed Charles Horlock on dual registration with Hitchin, he is on our bench tonight but will be playing in goal for Hitchin, so if we do need to bring him on - the Southern League has given Hitchin permission to allow him to switch kits on the pitch to ensure the substitution is made as swiftly as possible.

Welcome to the club Charles, if you are as committed as a young Kevin Horlock then you will be a ruddy good addition.

We gonna be hitting the Guinness World Records in style guys.

COYD
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 34 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

Poor refereeing decisions aside, we look a bit easy to push over.
Right back needs sorting, Furlong still on the wrong side, right winger that faces his fullback too often and I think the team set up puts too many players in defensive formation. Lots of self induced pain from seemingly frustrated players giving far too many fouls away.
Maybe we need to seriously consider if we can survive at this level and try to regroup? This would be a good team in the level below I'm sure.
AFC R & D member number 34
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 144 times

Post by BartonRaz »

I was enjoying that, for 50-55 minutes or so. We were moving the ball around nicely, looked fairly assured defensively and created a handful of opportunities. Tee looked great.

Much like the Needham game on the opening day though, it was a lacklustre, huff and puff second half performance with no realistic prospect of getting back in to the game once we went behind. The biggest problem tonight was our centre forward's race was run early on in the second half but there was nothing on the bench to change it. We really must address this urgently as I have reservations about what I've seen so far in that department but taking capability out of the equation, it's simply not realistic to have an 18 year old on his own at the top end or the pitch at this or any level.

Completely get that it's very much a work in progress but to pick up 1 point in 3 games against what looks like mediocre opposition isn't going to inspire confidence. Dare I say it, Peaks would have been crucified for this.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:07 pm Poor refereeing decisions aside, we look a bit easy to push over.
Right back needs sorting, Furlong still on the wrong side, right winger that faces his fullback too often and I think the team set up puts too many players in defensive formation. Lots of self induced pain from seemingly frustrated players giving far too many fouls away.
Maybe we need to seriously consider if we can survive at this level and try to regroup? This would be a good team in the level below I'm sure.

Do away with your negative posts. Giving up already ? You can say that about all bottom sides that they would do much better in the league below lol what’s your point?
sussexdiamond
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I'm concerned. Where is Jensen Cooper? No one I asked this evening could give me an answer.
fentiger79
Has Liked: 48 times
Been Liked: 85 times

Post by fentiger79 »

Strange game. Didn’t think Hitchin seemed all that but to give 2 goals away like we did you are going to struggle. The handball for the penalty was shocking and Furlong should be apologising to everyone else, though he was very poor tonight. Only a few players away from a really decent team, most obvious being a target man, unfortunately the lad from cobblers looks way out of it. Tee looks quality and a few additions I have no doubt we will climb the league. Still early for the table, same being said I’m sure at Rushall, Stourbridge and others.
TheIncognitoKid
Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 32 times

Post by TheIncognitoKid »

sussexdiamond wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:27 pm I'm concerned. Where is Jensen Cooper? No one I asked this evening could give me an answer.
Maybe he still lives in the Shrewsbury area, where he was playing last season and a midweek game was a problem this time around?