[ Sat 23rd Jul ] v Daventry Town FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Jul ] v Daventry Town FC, KO 3pm PSF AWAY

Post by sussexdiamond »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:25 am
Olly wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:48 pm Oh and can we assume we've seen the last of Tshikuna? Had featured consistently in the first few games but absent in the last few? Real shame if that is the case, not surprising for sure, but would be a big loss imo, I love what he brings to the team.
If this is the case, as is looking increasingly likely, then I think it's the wrong decision. If indeed it was our decision. Granted he hasn't been great in the friendlies but we all know what he can bring to the table.

Haven't been to any of the games since Stamford but a 3-0 win is surely a massive step in the right direction.
Rumour has it that he has been trialling at Bedford.
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 106 times

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:25 am
Olly wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 10:48 pm Oh and can we assume we've seen the last of Tshikuna? Had featured consistently in the first few games but absent in the last few? Real shame if that is the case, not surprising for sure, but would be a big loss imo, I love what he brings to the team.
If this is the case, as is looking increasingly likely, then I think it's the wrong decision. If indeed it was our decision. Granted he hasn't been great in the friendlies but we all know what he can bring to the table.

Haven't been to any of the games since Stamford but a 3-0 win is surely a massive step in the right direction.
Burge has his philosophy and has the kind of players that he wants in the team so perhaps he didn't fit that, but yeah, couldn't agree more, I think it would be the wrong decision, now more than ever we need players with that extra bit of quality to make the difference in tight games like he did last season. Would be extra disappointing if he ends up at a league rival.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Olly wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:22 am
Burge has his philosophy and has the kind of players that he wants in the team so perhaps he didn't fit that,
I agree that on his day he can be a very exciting player but we need to back our manager in such decisions and none of us know how the player had been performing or what attitude he was displaying during the pre-season training sessions that he attended.
sussexdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 59 times

Post by sussexdiamond »

I don't think it is a clash of personalities, more a case of more money. But don't write him off yet.