[ Tue 5th Jul ] v MK Dons, KO 7:30pm PSF HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Tue 5th Jul ] v MK Dons, KO 7:30pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Remember it’s a 7:30 kick off today.

BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Re: TONIGHT! [ Tue 5th Jul ] v MK Dons, KO 7:30pm PSF HOME

Post by BartonRaz »

Bit of a shame that this game was advertised as an XI when from MK Dons POV, it doesn't look like it was ever an XI fixture. The club should really seek clarification that MK are bringing a first team as their tweets seem to suggest and if so, give it a big late push across socials to that effect.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

If its not a first team it would have a negative effect on the attendance, could be the difference between 300 and 700, though PSF attendances tend to be higher towards the end of July when the team looks like the one they will be fielding on the opening day, however the weather is nice and it should be a lovely evening for football.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Olly
Has Liked: 12 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Post by Olly »

BartonRaz wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:28 am Bit of a shame that this game was advertised as an XI when from MK Dons POV, it doesn't look like it was ever an XI fixture. The club should really seek clarification that MK are bringing a first team as their tweets seem to suggest and if so, give it a big late push across socials to that effect.
Looking down their teamsheet I'd say it's a mix, a handful of first teamers and a lot of youth/reserves. But you are right, you wouldn't have thought it was an XI fixture looking at MK's social media, as far as they're concerned we are their first friendly and it shows with the number of their fans here, got to be two thirds if not more of the crowd MK Dons here, doesn't feel like there's loads of Diamonds tbh.

But nevertheless, it's clearly been a good payday for us so can't complain, 700-800 I'd estimate, maybe more.
R.I.P. Dale Roberts

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No. 308
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

Aside from the result it was good to see us keeping the ball on the floor most of the time.

Successful event overall, great number of MK Don's fans. I bought along a colleague from work and he enjoyed himself, these friendlies are such a great way to get new people down to Hayden Road.
FuriousHoon / Ollie
Three of Diamonds
Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 29 times

Post by Three of Diamonds »

I don't have the bug back yet so not really getting what AB is trying to do. Still too many triallists, a right back who got turned inside out, and Connor Furlong on the wrong wing all game. OK the made up team from the made up city was way too good for us, but we created one or two chances we really should have taken.
Long way to go.
AFC R & D member number 34
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Post by diamondsteve »

The lads from last season did well (AP lads) . Dons looked very good, 1st half their CB’s and CM 8 bossed it

Slightly concerned of the trialists
No 9,16 strikers not good enough on the basis of what I saw tonight.
No18 looked skilful.
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Three of Diamonds wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:56 pm I don't have the bug back yet so not really getting what AB is trying to do. Still too many triallists, a right back who got turned inside out, and Connor Furlong on the wrong wing all game. OK the made up team from the made up city was way too good for us, but we created one or two chances we really should have taken.
Long way to go.
Think you're being a bit harsh there TOD. Bear in mind the opposition who are top-end of League One, meanwhile we are firmly in a transition period. Granted we were passed off the park but we didn't disgrace ourselves and created the odd opportunity. The only thing I would say is that Burge said repeatedly last season that he didn't like playing 1 upfront but has done it twice now already, with an 18 year old playing on his own twice which doesn't seem ideal. It's been impossible to see if there's a player in there also, particularly today when he was mostly chasing shadows.

Pleased to see the 3 trialists I liked from Saturday involved again today and I'd like to see them all again at Stamford at the weekend. That one will provide a much better idea of where we are at than tonight's game. I think we might have unearthed a gem in that left sided CB from the first half. He looked really good on Saturday as well.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Adrian
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Post by Adrian »

Josh McEchran was a blast from the past, I remember him being tooted as the next big thing to come out the Chelsea academy,

Thought we did OK considering the gulf in class, happy not to have got a 7 goal thrashing like Ipswich dished out to a non league side last Friday night. Plus a good turnout. I think we will have one or two signings by the weekend.

Courtney Lashley is a defender who spent some time last season on loan at Desborough Town from Northampton Town, he's from Hinckley.
  • Play it out from the back.
  • 1 up front.
  • Man gets one good result via a new manager bounce and thinks he's Pep Guardiola.
Michael Harriman Out! 💎
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Re: [ Tue 5th Jul ] v MK Dons, KO 7:30pm PSF HOME

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews with AFCRDTV