Team entrance song

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
AFCRD_Dan
Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 41 times

Team entrance song

Post by AFCRD_Dan »

I forget the song but the old club always had a song the players would come out to at the start of games at Nene Park, and also whenever we scored (again the song we used escapes me!)

Could that be an idea for next season?
AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 73
Rushdenjim
Has Liked: 77 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Team entrance song

Post by Rushdenjim »

AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:33 pm I forget the song but the old club always had a song the players would come out to at the start of games at Nene Park, and also whenever we scored (again the song we used escapes me!)

We came out to House of Pain - Jump Around for a few seasons but I think you may be thinking of Bellini - Samba de Janeiro.

https://youtu.be/HAiHEQblKeQ
oliv272
Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 10 times

Post by oliv272 »

100% think this and generally better music can help improve the atmosphere, really loved the fan playlist idea on spotify for the last game of the season as well.

Lets get a bit of Hi Ho Rushden and Diamonds going to!
FuriousHoon / Ollie
BartonRaz
Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 136 times

Post by BartonRaz »

Rushdenjim wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:14 am
AFCRD_Dan wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:33 pm I forget the song but the old club always had a song the players would come out to at the start of games at Nene Park, and also whenever we scored (again the song we used escapes me!)

We came out to House of Pain - Jump Around for a few seasons but I think you may be thinking of Bellini - Samba de Janeiro.

https://youtu.be/HAiHEQblKeQ
Bellini - Samba de Janeiro is the one that always reminds me of Nene Park. I think that was played when goals went in which I personally liked. I think Norwich have played this song as goals have gone in for 20+ years now.

House of Pain - Jump Around kicked in when we were s**t so it brings back bad memories.
They say we've lost our money we're not famous anymore.....

AFC Rushden & Diamonds - Member No: 291
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 87 times

Post by Dazzler »

The current general playlist has a mixture of tracks from the last 10-11 years of Diamonds matches - recently the Media Team added a few additional tracks per a twitter post and responses (though many of the tracks are already in the main lists).

On Matchdays generally we play Heart FM, until about an hour before kick off, then the general playlist starts, and at the time the players warm up we also had a selection of 5 or 6 tracks put together by them. Then it goes back to the general list, with some random newer/requested tracks, and usually ends towards kick off with Diamonds, Rhianna, and Hi Ho SIlver Lining, Jeff Beck as the usual final track before kick off. Depending on the Team Announcements & General Tannoy PA etc.. often the last tracks don't get heard, but they are generally played.

Sometimes if we're busy or other things come up then the Heart FM general output may stay on longer.

At HT and Post Match generally it's Heart FM again.
Trek
Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Post by Trek »

Cambridge United have a nice tradition. They started playing ‘I’ve got a lovely bunch of Coconuts’ in the mid 50’s over the PA but now this is played after the final whistle when the fans are leaving the Abbey Stadium BUT only when they win.