[ Sat 23rd Oct ] v Biggleswade Town, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

All things unofficial about AFC Rushden & Diamonds and general football talk.
diamondsteve
Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 22 times

Re: [ Sat 23rd Oct ] v Biggleswade Utd, KO 3pm SLPDC HOME

Post by diamondsteve »

Warbs MOTM I mean fair play and all that but we have took such a massive backward step, against ten men for most of the 2nd half we should be giving out a MOTM to a goal scorer which won us the game . When do all the smiles turn to serious faces
sandringhamdiamond
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Post by sandringhamdiamond »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:29 pm Would Shamsi be such a loss. 2 goals is a pretty poor return for what we pay him.
Yes it would be a loss, clearly a very talented player who the management haven't been able to/know how to get the best out of him. Both his goals have come in open play which is pretty impressive considering our "style" of play
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

sussexdiamond wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:29 pm Would Shamsi be such a loss. 2 goals is a pretty poor return for what we pay him. I've only seen him twice and was not particular impressed. He has been a massive disappointment. I expect plenty of activity this week in and out. It would be sad to see Snedker leave but he was never going to be a long term signing. Peaks has a record of re signing ex players and I expect one high profile return.
Fairlamb? No one else is high profile

But it’s the management which is the underlying problem ffs
Last edited by diamondsteve on Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bozzer
Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 50 times

Post by bozzer »

I thought it was quite an entertaining game without the end product. For me we have all the ingredients of a decent team, I just don’t get this call for a change of manager, it’s not like we are 10 games until the end of the season and sat in the bottom three. He has surely earnt the right to turn it around,he has been able to in the past when situations like this have occurred and if he doesn’t then what have we lost.
AFC R&D Member No. 67
diamondsteve

Post by diamondsteve »

bozzer wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:57 pm I thought it was quite an entertaining game without the end product. For me we have all the ingredients of a decent team, I just don’t get this call for a change of manager, it’s not like we are 10 games until the end of the season and sat in the bottom three. He has surely earnt the right to turn it around,he has been able to in the past when situations like this have occurred and if he doesn’t then what have we lost.
Last edited by diamondsteve on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

bozzer wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:57 pm I thought it was quite an entertaining game without the end product. For me we have all the ingredients of a decent team, I just don’t get this call for a change of manager, it’s not like we are 10 games until the end of the season and sat in the bottom three. He has surely earnt the right to turn it around,he has been able to in the past when situations like this have occurred and if he doesn’t then what have we lost.
13 points from 13 games. Continually flogging a "dead horse" system of 1 up front, try to hang in there, hope to nick a set piece goal. Absolutely no intention of even considering changing the "dead horse" system either b4 kick-off or when game is screaming out for change. With all this in mind, how will the management turn our season around?? Surely we can't wait another 13 games can we??
rdusher
Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 57 times

Post by rdusher »

It was a diabolical game between the two worst footballing teams in the league so far this season? We're not 10 games from the end of the season and in the bottom three yet, but we will be. There's no sign of things changing The core of the squad is decent, but the style of play, and the attempts to change the course of a game from the bench are ridiculous.

Loyalty is great, and Peaks has done wonders for us over the years, but fans are voting with their feet and the performances on show right now won't be bringing any of them back. I thought Tuesday night was must win, and today even more so, but we've got 1 point instead of 6. Can you honestly see where the next win is coming from?
rossco
Been Liked: 2 times

Post by rossco »

Another frustrating and deflating afternoon. We looked slightly more dangerous than previous games but still no end product. Think we had 2 shots on target from open play all game?
Subs were confusing to say the least. Taking off Furlong who’d again been our best player and Nathan coming off who looked dangerous and lively all game. And then to put Diamond out wide after he was doing quite well up top… didn’t understand them.
Something has to change
Dazzler
The Staff
Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 92 times

Post by Dazzler »

Post match interviews courtesy of AFCRDTV

Ricky330
Has Liked: 303 times
Been Liked: 21 times

Post by Ricky330 »

If I don't do what I'm asked to do in my job someone communicates what I need to do to put it right. Perhaps the manager could try that next game instead of standing with his arms folded! Pointless Interview as we never ask any tough questions.